Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 losing time and date

• 05-08-2008 11:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭

why is this happening? i know its not as bad as RROD or something like that but this has been bugging me for a while now. When I change the time and date back, it will stay for a while but goes eventually.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Same happened to me whenever i turned it on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

It has no internal battery to keep the clock going when you switch of your console. However, if you are always connected to Xbox Live when you switch it on, it gets the date and time automatically from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I think it keeps the time and date as long as you dont plug it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

Mine is connected to XBL all the time but as of late (since it returned from a holiday in Germany) it appears to be always 1 hour behind!!! Even when I change it back as soon as I do it automatically switches back... Roll on the time change in October!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Rainyface wrote: »
    Mine is connected to XBL all the time but as of late (since it returned from a holiday in Germany) it appears to be always 1 hour behind!!! Even when I change it back as soon as I do it automatically switches back... Roll on the time change in October!!

If you are 1 hr off then you have the locale time set to CET. Just change it in the settings tab and you'll be good to go. October won't make any difference as the time will change on the server for winter time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

Cool...
    Will try as soon as I get home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I think it keeps the time and date as long as you dont plug it out.

nope, i definitely dont plug it out. like i said, the time and date will stay fine for maybe about a month but will change back to the launch date eventually, so annoying. put out my brothers GTA cause it loaded the wrong save file without him knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mancduff

Mine keeps the time like clockwork but only if it's plugged in when i plug my tv xbox etc out it loses it's time but when i plug it back in and connect to xbox live it's sorted. Needs to be plug in otherwise shock horror the world will end coz i don't now the time aaahahhhahahaahhhhhhahhahahaa :D

i smell sarcasm :) no solution for me it seems as i dont have BB for xbox live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

It's odd that's happening to you, I've had my 360 turned of and for 8 monthes and all was well in that department.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

You flicking the switch on the socket?

nope!

Advertisement