Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPANIARD WILLING TO MEET PEOPLE FROM WATERFORD

• 06-08-2008 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

HI!!!
    That's the first time I write in this forum the same as it's the first time I'm in Ireland. I'm actually a Spanish guy living in Waterford city so I'd like to meet Irish native people to improve my English as well as to go out at nights, to have some fun and so on.

The fact is that I've got family in Ireland and I've met people but most of them are , you know, either Spanish and/or older than me so it's not the same.

Well, I'm 24 years old, I finished my degree last year but I'm still studying and looking for a job. I like cinema and music ( I love British-Irish music) and I think Irish nights are too short for me .hhahaha Can you help me ? See you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

This thread will be a raging success.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Topic re-opened. Thanks to longshanks for informing me I completely misunderstood this threads purpose. OP is not looking for a relationship but friends!! ><

My bad. Welcome to Boards.ie! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

hi OP

There is a Waterford beers (get together of the users on here ) been plan for the near future . That could prove to be a good starting pint point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Welcome James!! or should i say bienvenido ;-)

I tryed to learn Spanish years ago as i have family living in spain since the 1980's and i go visit them sometimes.. i havent spoken any spanish in years so i am a complete beginner again.. if you teach me spanish (and introduce me to any of your spanish lady friends that might be here too ;);) ) i will help you with english (i must warn you.. my english is pretty bad and you might not want to listen to anything i have to say)

Adios!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 JamesBase

Welcome James!! or should i say bienvenido ;-)

I tryed to learn Spanish years ago as i have family living in spain since the 1980's and i go visit them sometimes.. i havent spoken any spanish in years so i am a complete beginner again.. if you teach me spanish (and introduce me to any of your spanish lady friends that might be here too ;);) ) i will help you with english (i must warn you.. my english is pretty bad and you might not want to listen to anything i have to say)

Adios!!

I'm sure you know more Spanish than you might think. You could try by talking to my Spanish lady friends, ahahhaa. Unfortunaly they've gone to Spain or they have never been in Ireland, hahaha. Anyway I think your English is not so bad. What part of Spain does your family come from? Hasta luego!!!!

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    Topic re-opened. Thanks to longshanks for informing me I completely misunderstood this threads purpose. OP is not looking for a relationship but friends!! ><

My bad. Welcome to Boards.ie! :)

Exactly, I'm not looking for a relationship but for friends. Well,of course:p nice and gorgeous Irish ladies are very welcome hahahhaha

Ass Face wrote: »
    This thread will be a raging success.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

gorgeous Irish ladies

I believe the Spanish spell it "Oxímoron"...

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

JamesBase wrote: »
    Why?

Don't worry about that, that's just the begruding Irish welcome :)

Does begrudge have to do with envy or with giving reluctantly? hahah:p I really don't know it , jjeejejej. Sorry.

I must recognize that , if not all, most of Irish I've met are quite welcoming and friendly. Do you think I've just been lucky? Is that true or is it an stereotype?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Does begrudge have to do with envy or with giving reluctantly? hahah:p I really don't know it , jjeejejej. Sorry.

I must recognize that , if not all, most of Irish I've met are quite welcoming and friendly. Do you think I've just been lucky? Is that true or is it an stereotype?

Unfortunately some people act like a muppet. Easiest way out is to ignore them! :)

Most Irish are grand, but you'll come across a few bad eggs as you would anywhere really!

Yes, you're right. It happens everywhere, i think i've been lucky. I suppose when you've to buy eggs you've to make sure about their freshness as well as their expiry date hehehe:P Though it's worse in Spain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Don't want to come across badly here but seriously dude, I really don't think its a good idea to post on sites wanting to meet people.I think that you are kinda lucky that the majority of people that post here are decent people with n hidden agenda but it only takes one person that wants to meet ya and kill you or something awful and that's the end of you. My advice would be to meet in a group as was offered above,and try and be safe with your posts.Ireland is a nice place with a lot of friendly decent people that will always extend a hand in friendship to someone new to the country but just try and look after yourself and don't be overly trusting.Of course that only applies if your not a serial killer trawling the net for your next victim....if your not I know a quiet place we can go where there's nowhere around for miles....

I'm sure you know more Spanish than you might think. You could try by talking to my Spanish lady friends, ahahhaa. Unfortunaly they've gone to Spain or they have never been in Ireland, hahaha. Anyway I think your English is not so bad. What part of Spain does your family come from? Hasta luego!!!!

hi again,

my Family are from Ireland but some moved to spain in the 80's they live in Los Boliches and fuengirola in Malaga, andalucia...

bring on the Spanish lady friends :)

Meatwad wrote: »
    Don't want to come across badly here but seriously dude, I really don't think its a good idea to post on sites wanting to meet people.I think that you are kinda lucky that the majority of people that post here are decent people with n hidden agenda but it only takes one person that wants to meet ya and kill you or something awful and that's the end of you. My advice would be to meet in a group as was offered above,and try and be safe with your posts.Ireland is a nice place with a lot of friendly decent people that will always extend a hand in friendship to someone new to the country but just try and look after yourself and don't be overly trusting.Of course that only applies if your not a serial killer trawling the net for your next victim....if your not I know a quiet place we can go where there's nowhere around for miles....

I agree. That's not a good idea to post on sites wanting to meet people, I mean , you don't know who's behind nor what you might find. haha. (serial killer, perverts, insane, etc.) . Anyway, as we say in Spanish "os concedo el beneficio de la duda" ( I give you my benefit of the doubt ) Apart from that, most of the times it isn't useful and it doesn't work. Of course, I'M NOT A SERIAL KILLER, PERVERT OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT.

The fact is that I came to Ireland to improve my English. I'm living with my sister and her husband, who is Irish, and I speak all the time Spanish. I've been at an English summer school and most of people I've met there ARe Spanish. IRELAND IS FULL OF SPANISH!! hahahahah. THAT'S THE LAST THING I WANT jajajajhahahahaha So, on the one hand it may be unsuccessful to post in a site, but on the other hand I think it may be a good idea at least to improve a language, to use it in real world, ahhahahahahaha.

hi again,

my Family are from Ireland but some moved to spain in the 80's they live in Los Boliches and fuengirola in Malaga, andalucia...

bring on the Spanish lady friends :)

I've never been in Malaga but it's said to be a nice place. I come from Valencia. Do you know that? It's in the eastern part of Spain.

i notice you type "jajajajaja" instead of "hahahaha" my cousin in spain does this too when i chat to him in MSN.. just an observation :)

Yes, I'm used to do it. If you understan it I'll continue laughting with J instead of H ajajajajajajajajajajaja

I've never been in Malaga but it's said to be a nice place. I come from Valencia. Do you know that? It's in the eastern part of Spain.

yea i know where Valencia is, but have never been there.. yet.. every year i say to myself that i will quit my job, take my savings and make a new life for myself in spain so anything could happen.. at least i have family there that could help me out looking for accommodation and job and stuff till i find my feet.. and with the way Ireland is going lately its not a very nice place to live anymore with our government taking away every right you have piece by piece.. id rather cut my ties to this country and start again somewhere where life is a bit more enjoyable :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Meatwad wrote: »

Funny post. :)

I think the OP has every right to post online looking for suggestions on how to meet new people. Its a Waterford Forum, so if people have suggestions they can post back and give advise. There has been a few of these topics already for single mums looking for stuff to do.

I don't think he was planning on picking people at random online and meeting up with them. It is risky and I think people have the common sense not to meet someone online without bringing a friend with them and getting to know the person better (online and offline). I know a lot of the posters to see or personal on this forum and neither of which are serial killers (if they are, they keep it well hidden!!). But, you have to be careful online!

OP; you will probably get to know people through boards and have an online friendship. There will often be local Boards Beers and wider Boards Beers covering other forums on Boards. This is a great way to meet new people, and put a name to the face. Bring someone along you know though just to help things :)

• Advertisement

yea i know where Valencia is, but have never been there.. yet.. every year i say to myself that i will quit my job, take my savings and make a new life for myself in spain so anything could happen.. at least i have family there that could help me out looking for accommodation and job and stuff till i find my feet.. and with the way Ireland is going lately its not a very nice place to live anymore with our government taking away every right you have piece by piece.. id rather cut my ties to this country and start again somewhere where life is a bit more enjoyable :D

So you're welcome Spain (if you're not a serial killer or whaterver of course jajajajajaja :D)
    Is that really happening in Ireland? Well, it happens more or less the same in the local goverment of my city Valencia. Lots of corruption, town-planning corruption, you know, but people still vote them!!!!

Anyway, it's true it's hard to live with that awful food, very expensive prices, and that nonsensical timetible... Why don't you really start again?

Advertisement