Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's what the Garda could/should be doing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Cyclists pay taxes too and are surely entitled to some protection from the Garda.

have to point out that our rights to protection from crime should not be proportional to our income or tax liabilities. that would be ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

niceonetom wrote: »
    have to point out that our rights to protection from crime should not be proportional to our income or tax liabilities. that would be ridiculous.

Absolutely and I'd be highly surprised if a single member of the Gardai would even contemplate the tax bracket a victim is in before rendering assistance. It's farcical.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Revenge fantasies, while awesome, should never be put into practice. The honeypot sting above would meet the definition of assault as per the NFOATP Act; especially if a good samaritan was in the process of bringing it to the local Lost and Found.
    Good samaritans do not carry bolt cutters :)

I am talking of locking the bike, can't remember it the youtube one was locked. Think it was outside a shop. A Good samaritan would at least wait a few mins before walking off with a bike.

There was some story of a lad robbing a fixie and going on his ear as he couldnt cycle it.
    I'd be highly surprised if a single member of the Gardai would even contemplate the tax bracket a victim is in before rendering assistance
    Not conciously, but I still think many view it is "schoolyard crime", like somebody robbing your lunch, even if it was €500 worth of caviar! They still just look at it as kids robbing bikes, even though the bike could be worth far more than their car.

Advertisement