Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LLB Galway advice

• 06-08-2008 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Ive been offered the chance to do the LLB course in Galway im just wondering has anyone done this course and would they be able to dispense any advice on how difficult it or how good it is in relation to similar course in different institutions??. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Wheely

sheamyboy wrote: »
    Ive been offered the chance to do the LLB course in Galway im just wondering has anyone done this course and would they be able to dispense any advice on how difficult it or how good it is in relation to similar course in different institutions??. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

I've done the course and found it great. That said I did a one year version of it straight out of the BA in Legal Science so I assume you'relooking at a two or three year one unless doing the same.

The faculty, for the most part are great, quite and open door policy, if you're a serious student there's no shortage of advice and help. There's a wide variety of courses on offer including ones unavailable in other universities ie Disability law, immigration law, housing law and policy all thought by authorities in their fields-it depends whatyou want out of the course and what your alternatives i suppose.

Also relevant is that Galway is a FANTASTIC city to be a student in.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 sheamyboy

Wheely wrote: »
    I've done the course and found it great. That said I did a one year version of it straight out of the BA in Legal Science so I assume you'relooking at a two or three year one unless doing the same.

The faculty, for the most part are great, quite and open door policy, if you're a serious student there's no shortage of advice and help. There's a wide variety of courses on offer including ones unavailable in other universities ie Disability law, immigration law, housing law and policy all thought by authorities in their fields-it depends whatyou want out of the course and what your alternatives i suppose.

Also relevant is that Galway is a FANTASTIC city to be a student in.

Thanks for the reply yes im thinking of doing the three year one but at the moment im a bit worried about whether i should do a two year or a one year one like yourself or is this only possible if you have a BA in LScience?or would i being going above my head attempting the shorter version due to my lack knowledge in this department?.

Advertisement