Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap decent haircut.

Options
  • 06-08-2008 2:10am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I usually use alfies but I think they charge around €12 for a haircut which is getting a bit ridiculous. Any one know anywhere cheaper that are still half decent. I don't get anything fancy, just blades on the sides and back and scissors on top.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

I wish my hair cost €12
    It's always cheaper for boys.
    I only ever get a trim and that costs €40.
    I really don't know where it would be less than €12

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I really don't know where it would be less than €12

There probably isn't many. In Dublin there are places that do it for €5. I'd kill for that up here. Saying that €12 isn't that bad. One of the lads from work pays €24 for a haircut in kaoz (I think that's how it's spelt). That's nuts, you'd want to be getting a blowjob or something thrown in for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

/wipes coffee off keyboard

You ain't in AH now Mr Cushion. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭aidan_r

P. Henry Barbers on Harmony Hill €9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

even in a sh*t hole as manorhamilto it's only 5 euro!! dont know in sligo, I just bought very good clippers and shave my head. problem solved!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I think Sligo has a lack of "cheap" things in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I got my hair cut in Alfies a few weeks ago off a Polish girl, who was very nice indeed... But she left me with a bit of a mullet :(

But she left me with a bit of a mullet :(

Hahaha

LOVE to see that!

Yeah John had to get the beginnings of a mullet taken off before he left the last time we were in Alfie's.

btw, welcome back sue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Get my hair cut in Pierce Henry's.. sound man and very personable, have been going to him for years. €9 for a cut.

Closed every Monday though. Actually, need a hair cut myself. Will go in this week.

• Advertisement

^ Where is this Pearce Henrys? Have to get my friken hair cut again, I've become the laughing stock of the forum :'(

As aidan has said a couple of posts up, it's on Harmony Hill.. about 3 shops up from the bottom.

Ah... I see, I think I know that one, does it have a barbers pole outside?

^ Have to get my friken hair cut again, I've become the laughing stock of the forum :'(

Pics or...

It didn't happen!

<_<

>_>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Not becoming chimpy. Always were! :) Your hair just adds to it. It won't stop when you get it cut.

I had a similar reaction to Sue at AC's comment! :D

I wish I could get my hair cut for €12! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

takola wrote: »

I wish I could get my hair cut for €12! :(

i'll do it for tenner, clippers all over ok

:)

paid 30 quid for a pair about 5 years ago, save a fortune

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Actually this is quite useful to me.

I don't have a regular barbers,just go to the first one I see when the idea of getting my haircut comes into my head.
    Has anyone tried the place opposite Tk Maxx in Quayside?

€10 or €12 seems to be the standard price in Sligo for a trip to the barbers these days:(

I got my hair cut in that place in Quay side, but only 'cuz one of my mates recommended it... Although I realised after he only recommended it because they have a few really hot girls working there, nothing to do with their hairdressing skills.

Cool, thats the hair sorted.

Now...moisturisers!

• Advertisement

^ This here is a manly thread go start your own metro thread!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Ha! Like there are manly men in the sligo forum. Pffft!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

*Ducks to avoid all the incoming testosterone!!*

Since the title of the thread doesn't specify for which sex, can I ask if anyone can recommend a good affordable hairdresser (for women) that have bright hair dyes?

I go to Rossano on Market street (or is it High street at that point?)

I won't say how much I pay since my husband reads this and I'd like to continue being alive...

<clears throat>

Of course there are manly men on the forum.. men like myself who enjoy various manly activities such as weight training, boxing, paintballing, knitting and hemming.

** kicks sand in irish_stew's face before running away like a little girl, albeit a "manly" little girl **

basquille wrote: »
    Of course there are manly men on the forum.. men like myself who enjoy various manly activities such as weight training, boxing, paintballing, knitting and hemming.

** kicks sand in irish_stew's face before running away like a little girl, albeit a "manly" little girl **

i also play football and like drinking beer

<tries to avoid breaking a nail when he grabs basquille by the shirt coller manly style>

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Right, thats it! I'm off to build a house, Drink beer, shave with a blunt stone, and pump som Iron, as I aint no woman!!!!!!! **Now where did I put my hair straightners, I can't be going out dressed like this**

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

aidan_r wrote: »
    P. Henry Barbers on Harmony Hill €9
    I might give those guys a shot so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

I might give those guys a shot so.

I'm a little wary of him tbh. He uses a cutthroat razor for trimming the edges, which I wouldn't mind normally but he went a little too close one day and scraped the top of my skin off........Ouch!

Advertisement