Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap decent haircut.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

Big_Mac wrote: »
    I'm a little wary of him tbh. He uses a cutthroat razor for trimming the edges, which I wouldn't mind normally but he went a little too close one day and scraped the top of my skin off........Ouch!

Try SG's, Lord Edward Street. (Opposite Donaghys) €10 and they do a great job

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Personally, right now I think haircuts are over rated as I am going through my "growing out phase". When I lived in the UK I used to get my hair cut and my beard trimmed (when I wore it) brilliantly done by a Turkish guy. He did a great job. In the end I ended up selling my PC to him before I left. Haircuts for life he promised me as I gave him a good deal. Probably won't see him for another 20 years or so..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Pierce Henry's is the real deal. One barber, one chair, one radio and a selection of cutthroats on the shelf. If the place is closed some day when it seems too early, just come back a few minutes later. He may be making a wager around the corner. Fond of the gee-gees. Very nice guy too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Got my hair cut in Pierce Henry's earlier and I must say he does a great job. I'll be using him from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

do they do hot towel shaving, would love to get that done, just for the experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

ooooh I love the hot towels they give you on transatlantic flights

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got my hair cut in Pierce Henry's earlier and I must say he does a great job. I'll be using him from now on.
    Yep, I've been using Pierce for close to 15 years. Can't recommend the guy enough.

Actually will be popping in tomorrow morning for a haircut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

basquille wrote: »
    Yep, I've been using Pierce for close to 15 years. Can't recommend the guy enough.

Actually will be popping in tomorrow morning for a haircut.

/rumaging around for stalker hat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Xiney wrote: »
    ooooh I love the hot towels they give you on transatlantic flights

...Not the same thing./ot,i would love a hot towel shave too,but they seem to be at least 20 quid.Must get a trim up top soon as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

well I'm hardly going to ever know the awesome that is a hot towel face shave (er, not that I'm complaining about my lack of facial hair. That's generally viewed as a good thing on this side of the gender divide)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭gipo2

Charlies (Charles of Anthonys) €9, hardly any waiting time now. Being there for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭tommmy

go to peter mark you will get a really "nice cheap hair cut"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

I got my hair cut in Alfies a few weeks ago off a Polish girl, who was very nice indeed... But she left me with a bit of a mullet :(

yeah thats why i no longer go to Alfies.
    They charge 12 euro for a dry cut and have some easterner who learned how to cut hair last week, cut your hair..

Advertisement