Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a lil vegi help please

Options
  • 06-08-2008 2:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hey folks.

I'm a chef but i work two weeks of the year with my dad in the south of france he has coure's he runs there.

I need a few helpfull exciteing sugestions for a vegitarian meals i could do the useuall stuff peaper coscos, but i wanna do something exciteing so any nice recipies you could throw me would be great... as i am sorry to say i dont often eat vegi food...

Im happy to make just as much fuss over them as the other clients so gimmie some things that work well :) if you dont mind that is...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Anything with goats cheese in it. If you want a guinea pig, please feel free to call down and test your new veggie concoctions on me! I am the worst cook in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

How about a mushroom wellington? Juice here do one with onion gravy, and I had one in Belfast recently that had goat's cheese in it and was served with a garlic butter sauce with spinach in it. Both were very nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭mct1

If you want to cook a gourmet vegetarian meal, you should buy one of the Cafe Paradiso cookbooks (Denis Cotter's restaurant), and pick one or two of his recipes. I have Paradiso Seasons which is gorgeous to look at. I've never actually made anything from it I'm afraid but the restaurant is pronounced one of the best in Ireland and the recipes are off the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Check out vegweb.com for 100`s of ideas.

How about salad of puy lentils, rocket and cherry tomatoes (+feta if they are not vegan) with a dressing for a light lunch served with crusty bread.

There is a recipe on the PPK for spicy sausages which is great. Easy and tasty you could serve those with a variety of things. Also from the PPK is one of my faves - potato and kale enchiladas mmmmmmm.

Veggie curry, pilaf, tagine, gratin (lovely with aubergines, onions and garlic sweated down then add a few peppers, courgettes and a tin of toms then all in the oven covered with breadcrumbs (and cheese)), pad Thai and 100`s of others.

Go explore - the web is full of ideas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Paola L.

hello i'm not a chef but i love cook
    i'll try to write some recipes... just i think i'll need some help with the cook language skills ehehheheh[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

stuffed aubergines
    ingredients:
    - aubergines
    - courgettes
    - carrots
    - tomatoes (cherries)
    - bread (better if a bit old)
    - cheese (cheddar will be fine but isn’t necessary… if you prefer the vegan version just don’t use it)
    - basil, oregano, black pepper, salt
    - potatoes

cut the aubergines in the middle (its better if the aubergines are quite big… at least not too slim), take off the “pulp”, put some salt and turn down the aubergine (to facilitate the water dripping). Keep the pulp and chop in small pieces. keep a courgette cut vertically, take off the pulp (in italian we say the “soul” of the courgette) and chop the remaining in small pieces, chop the carrots in small pieces, and the tomatoes as well. Mix everything together adding: basil, oregano, black pepper, salt, cheese, bread (small pieces), a bit of olive oil. Mix everything. Fill the aubergine with this “blob”. Put into a oven plate with some potatoes around. Cook for approx 20 mins.

i hope that what i wrote is (at least) understandable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Sounds lovely Paola :) Welcome to the forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Step away from the goat's cheese! :) I loathe the stuff, but it seems to be apparently a staple of a veggie diet when I go out to eat. :( Last few nice veggie meals I had out: falafels (cannot get enough of them!), had marinated vegetable kebabs served on spicy cous cous with roasted nuts and raisins in it, apple/pear/pine nut/rocket salad with blue cheese dressing, tiny beetroots with sliced apple and fig with wilted rocket, wholewheat noodles in spicy broth with veggies and fried tofu, salt and vinegar battered veg with taziki (can't spell) dip, asparagus sushi with raw veg and dips, bean burger.

Basically though I'm happy with any veggie meal that isn't pasta primevera!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Paola L.

thanks i hope that the recipe was understandable
    :o

Advertisement