Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Braid

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Do man, its definitely one of the best games of the year.

Just played the first two worlds, and yeah, its pretty damn impressive :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Sure beats another FPS :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

It's pretty satisfying once you get into the mindset of the game. The shadow level is particularly clever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

For those who have finished it, there is an alternate ending if you collect 7 hidden stars dotted around the levels, then collect the 8th star on the last level.
    Apparently this affects how the switches work on the last level and changes the outcome of the game.

I haven't done this myself, but I've heard they are an absolute BITCH to get. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I've got 3 stars now... the other 5; I know the levels they're on, but that doesn't make it easy!!

In other news, Braid is changing how I think about other games. I made a mistake in Puzzle Quest last night, tried to undo it by pressing X and hitting the left bumper...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

stars eh? I've gone through the game and don't recall seeing any stars. Are they visible on the levels or is there extra grey matter required to get above and beyond the usual area's to find them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Downloaded this also last night and played through the first two worlds. Brilliant game and well worth the points.

djkeogh wrote: »
    stars eh? I've gone through the game and don't recall seeing any stars. Are they visible on the levels or is there extra grey matter required to get above and beyond the usual area's to find them?

They're in hidden areas, usually above the main playing area. They're big star sprites - you'll know them when you see them and you need to be seriously clever to reach some of them. Goomba juggling ... jesus. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Got my xbox back today. Brilliant game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Just completed, utterly spectacular. Didn't encounter a single star though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Just completed, utterly spectacular. Didn't encounter a single star though.

Nobody ever does, don't feel bad. They require crazy-leet skills ;)

I'm up to four, but in all honesty, I had to find out which levels they were on, because I wouldn't have the patience/skill to search every level from top to bottom.

Anywho, of the 4 I have left, the last one only appears when you've got all 7. I've seen 2 of the other 3, but haven't figured out how to get them and 1 is still a complete mystery apart from knowing what level it's on!

What level and I'll give you a hint...

Finished it on Sat. Didn't see any stars though. For anyone who is curious about the ending: http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=5666 (there's no mention of stars here either).

Good article, silvine. Goes without saying that you should FINISH THE GAME BEFORE READING. :)

(Obvious, but needs to be said!)

Finished it on Sat. Didn't see any stars though. For anyone who is curious about the ending: http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=5666.

Videos about the stars here: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=194935.

silvine wrote: »
    (@2:20) Finished it on Sat. Didn't see any stars though. For anyone who is curious about the ending: http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=5666 (there's no mention of stars here either).
    silvine wrote: »
    (@2:35) Finished it on Sat. Didn't see any stars though. For anyone who is curious about the ending: http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=5666 (there's no mention of stars here either).

Ah braid humour... gotta love it. Hit X! Do it again! :)

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

It's an interesting article alright. Must have another go for some of those stars so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Finished this game over the weekend. Heard something about hidden stars (like others I seen none of them while playing through the game), I then looked up about some clues...

what where they thinking? I'd love to know how someone actually figured out how to get these stars. Some of them are pretty straight forward I guess, but others... :confused:... the mind boggles

But the first star where
    you have to wait for 2 hours on world 2 level 2 for a cloud to slowly pass through the whole stage
    and then the star where
    if you don't get it the first time (why would you) you have to reset the whole game and start from the beginning again

If you don't have the stars, like me, I'd recommend playing through it for a day trying to find them. If you haven't found them all by then I don't think you ever will, without reading hints and tips online.

Great game though, loved that ending, best ending to a game I've played in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 deromalley

Can I get this game without downloading it? Really want to play it but only have USB dongle internet and cannot get on xbox live.

Maybe someone can tell me how to connect my 360 to net via this dongle. Im not having much luck but thats a whole different matter...

Any help greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement

If you have the wireless dongle (and you are using a wireless router - Eircom, BT, NTL etc.) then you should be able to connect. You may need to drop your firewall settings. Check here for more info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I'm totally ****e at this game...

Advertisement