Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Darnell the new messiah?

Options
  • 06-08-2008 9:28am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

He's certainly seems to be carrying a big enough cross over his shoulder. :rolleyes:

What a total idiot, get over yourself!!! He's totally alienating himself instead of laughing off the stupid remark.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

He goes through some heavy emotions but comes out pretty good after awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

the comment to sarah couldve been laughed off or forgotten about if hed had enough sense. instead because of the way he acted he made it into something bigger & drew attention to it by not sleeping in the room, by spending the next day alone & in bed. he spends most of the time feeling sorry for himself. he wrecks my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

ah I can understand why he felt awfully stupid, Sara did make a big deal of it. In his head it was huge, he hasn't realised yet that if you just pretend things are ok, people will stop talking about it. Repression dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

It wasn't the comment that had him so sad, if sara had have stayed in the bed with him he would have been happy as larry the next day.

It's the fact that he was trying to loosen up and consider the fact that a girl actually likes him only for her to run away frightened into Stu's bed (who happens to be one of the studs of the house). This in his mind was outright rejection and because he allowed himself to get his hopes up it meant that it confirmed his fears about girls being repulsed by him.

The comment was just the icing on the cake that made him feel even more stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

That was so embarrassing for him, but once he left the
    room I'd say he was too mortified to go back in.
    Fair play to Stu for not encouraging the little Aussie Modo.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!:D

Darnell is just emotionally immature. He cant handle rejection, then blames his appearance and gets all woe is me.
    Sara set him up for a fall, she knows she can manipulate men maintaining that childish front to seem less threatening.
    I like Darnell, but I would agree when he's in a mood he can be very irritating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭i-digress

I really like Sara, but she made to big a deal out of that comment. She goes on about what a tough time she had in her teens, being a bid of a wildchild, and then gets frightened when a man makes a joky come on line? Hmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Speaking with a lot of experience here ...

I think from the comments made by some people, on this forum, about Darnell's appearance it's very likely he has been receiving those types of comments his entire life regarding how he looks. It is very difficult to start believing good things about yourself and how you look when all you've ever heard are negative things.

It can be hard to put yourself out there and be vulnerable as a result and when you do open up and are so callously rejected by the likes of Sara, it can be very hard to see the reason as being anything other than the same reasons that have gotten you rejected, or not even looked at, in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

He's completely fake.

People who invent personas for themselves are weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Last night I was mad with Sara, did you all see her straddling him on the edge of the bed? All over him she was-and in the bathroom when he said he'd never had a girlfriend she babbled on and said something about it being awful to contemplate spending your life alone. How insensitive! She went on to try and fix what she said making out she was in the same boat. Oh come off it Sara! Look at you and look at him. Not meaning just his appearance, i'm talking about the whole package-confidence included. When he was looking up at her in the bathroom-open admiration on his face my heart was breaking for him.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭HoneyButterfly

I really don't like Darnell, for ages now. He simply wrecks my head! All he does it feel sorry for himself and let emotions build up and fester, until he eventually gets really aggressive with people, and is sometimes scary he's so aggressive. BUT....I felt sorry for him when the Sara situation happened the other night. She shouldn't have said what he said anyway, I mean, that was pure stupid. But it was blown way out of porportion, mainly by Sara, not him. He over-reacted too, but he was on;y reacting to her. She came into the sitting room and practically sat on top of him, when his body language was clearly saying back off! And she kept at him and at him...'whats wrong?' Somethings wrong, I know you, whats wrong...blah blh blah' ...I thought it was almost as if she was waiting for him to say, 'oh Sara i'm so embarressed because I like you and I said that to you' I like Sara, but I think she only flirts with Darnell to make herself feel good, and thats not fair.
    Then Darnell jumped the divide, which was so stupid of him. If he'd have just went back to bed it'd be grand. He has to make everything a big bad thing, poor him, no one has it as bad as him....shut up!!!

You're right Darnell does feel a lot of self pity. I have gone off him a lot since the beginning when he was grand. I just feel sorry for him when i think he's falling for Sara who encourages him to show interest to boost her own ego.:rolleyes:

Ann22 wrote: »
    Last night I was mad with Sara, did you all see her straddling him on the edge of the bed? All over him she was-and in the bathroom when he said he'd never had a girlfriend she babbled on and said something about it being awful to contemplate spending your life alone. How insensitive! She went on to try and fix what she said making out she was in the same boat. Oh come off it Sara! Look at you and look at him. Not meaning just his appearance, i'm talking about the whole package-confidence included. When he was looking up at her in the bathroom-open admiration on his face my heart was breaking for him.:(

I agree!!
    He is wallowing in everything a bit too much though. You're only 26 dude, life is not over! Sara said maybe he hasn't had a gf because of the mad life he led- what's she talking about?

rhapsody wrote: »
    I agree!!
    He is wallowing in everything a bit too much though. You're only 26 dude, life is not over! Sara said maybe he hasn't had a gf because of the mad life he led- what's she talking about?

If you mean literally;
    Well being imprisoned, getting deported, living on the London streets and not seeing your family is pretty mad...

or do you mean something other than that?

oh knew about the prison & deportation, not the rest. That does indeed sound challenging! I'm not sure if its a reason not to have a gf though...
    Thanks for enlightening me kerash! :)

rhapsody wrote: »
    oh knew about the prison & deportation, not the rest. That does indeed sound challenging! I'm not sure if its a reason not to have a gf though...
    Thanks for enlightening me kerash! :)

I sometimes wonder if Darnell stretches the truth or doesn't be telling whole truths sometimes. He has contradicted himself a few times, but I doubt he has lied about the gf situation.
    His extremely low confidence is a major factor I think.

fyi-he got busted for his criminal activity via his friend who was wearing a wire. (I heard him tell that to the others) so we can see where the trust issues come from!

kerash wrote: »
    fyi-he got busted for his criminal activity via his friend who was wearing a wire. (I heard him tell that to the others) so we can see where the trust issues come from!

That is mad, yes perhaps there's some embellishment going on.
    I haven't heard him speak about his past too much, in what way did he contradict himself?

What is the story with Darnell? I liked him from the start... then I went off him a bit when he was up for nomination. He doesn't handle rejection well. So I was in two minds about him. Now I'm tending to pity him with Sara flirting with him and leading him on.However-He told Sara that he'd never had a relationship with a woman-yeah? Then he told Dale and Stuart that he'd never behave like Rex(in a relationship) and Sara that he would behave very well in a relationship. What is the story?

I think he was just trying to talk himself up in front of the boys, I presume he only told Sara that he hasn't had a girlfriend & not the whole house

Ann22 wrote: »
    What is the story with Darnell? I liked him from the start... then I went off him a bit when he was up for nomination. He doesn't handle rejection well. So I was in two minds about him. Now I'm tending to pity him with Sara flirting with him and leading him on.However-He told Sara that he'd never had a relationship with a woman-yeah? Then he told Dale and Stuart that he'd never behave like Rex(in a relationship) and Sara that he would behave very well in a relationship. What is the story?

Technically Maybe about the Girlfriend thing.
    Have you seen todays (Sun)?:eek:

• Advertisement

tell us!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 bergdorf

some american barmaid, said she use to hook up with him regurarly for abit of S&M spanking stuff, totally sounded made up, anything for the almightly buck, I mean dollar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 bergdorf

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/big_brother/article1537091.ece

here it is, dont believe a word, but hey as long as there not rubbishing you in bed, is my motto

yeah that sounds like nonsense. Regardless of the stuff he has said to Sara and the rest, Darnell doesn't look like a guy whos had loads of girls, same as Dale- though he wanted it to look that way.

oh thanks for putting that up by the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Blinder

The way that he has being carrying on lately is the most unattractive thing about him.
    Whining, poor me attitude is completely a turn off.
    Never saw him as ugly until I started to notice that about him

I too am done with Darnell and his self pity , I was being understanding given the problems he had in his life, but no more.
    His poor Darnell attitude is grating now , you know I don't ever remember Mikey giving us the poor me I lost my sight line. Only when he was asked did he bring it up.

I too am done with Darnell and his self pity , I was being understanding given the problems he had in his life, but no more.
    His poor Darnell attitude is grating now , you know I don't ever remember Mikey giving us the poor me I lost my sight line. Only when he was asked did he bring it up.

I feel the same way, I am sick and tired of listening to Darnell and no matter how good Kat and Rach are to him he still chats the same shít.
    I've noticed his remarks about kat and rach are getting mean also eg. calling rachel a piece of trash, and the whole Sara/Stu fiasco, he basicallly blamed Kat and Rachel.

I wouldnt mind if Darnell goes soon, ditto Rex and Nicole (the childish rows and whinging:mad:) and Stu(how horrible was he when he got mikey to pour water over sleeping Mo, when he himself had been sleeping earlier + he's constantly stirring)
    Mo to win!!!:D

kerash wrote: »
    I feel the same way, I am sick and tired of listening to Darnell and no matter how good Kat and Rach are to him he still chats the same shít.
    I've noticed his remarks about kat and rach are getting mean also eg. calling rachel a piece of trash, and the whole Sara/Stu fiasco, he basicallly blamed Kat and Rachel.

I wouldnt mind if Darnell goes soon, ditto Rex and Nicole (the childish rows and whinging:mad:) and Stu(how horrible was he when he got mikey to pour water over sleeping Mo, when he himself had been sleeping earlier + he's constantly stirring)
    Mo to win!!!:D

Agree with all the above execpt Mo to win.
    Mo's only saving graces are the spitgate thing and when he woke and found the divide was down.
    That has got to be the funniest moment of BB this year.
    Mo's highlights : both of the above.:)

Advertisement