Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT?? WILL I HAVE TO PAY OLD RATES

Options
  • 06-08-2008 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Im looking at buying a VW GOLF TDI in England and was wondering when I register the car in Ireland will I be paying the new or old VRT rates, i.e. will it be based on co2 emissions or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

themaestro wrote: »
    Im looking at buying a VW GOLF TDI in England and was wondering when I register the car in Ireland will I be paying the new or old VRT rates, i.e. will it be based on co2 emissions or not.
    the new..... :D on or after july 1st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

themaestro wrote: »

The vrt will be on c02 emissions and road tax depends on age of car.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Yep, every car now pays the new VRT rates regardless of age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

SteveC wrote: »
    Yep, every car now pays the new VRT rates regardless of age.

Unless it is a classic? not sure of how old 25 or 30 yrs old

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

mcwhirter wrote: »
    Unless it is a classic? not sure of how old 25 or 30 yrs old

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I don't think there are many 30 year old Golf TDi's around though...:D

Advertisement