Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration and timetables Etc

Options
  • 06-08-2008 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Guys ,

I have excepted an offer on the CAO.ie website for a place as a mature student on the business course of my choice. Now the problem here is that i have yet to receive anything from the college about timetables , dates for registration etc . I'm getting slightly worried about this as I'm working part-time now and have to give my employer notice of when I'm returning to college.I rung the admissions office yesterday who didn't check my name or details , just advised me that no one has received any information yet. With college due to start in the next month is everyone in the same boat as me ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ramiriquez

Dates mix up

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

You wont get anything until after the Leaving Cert results come out, I've got an offer for the 4th year of my course and they gave me a vague time of the 27th - 29th of august for registration but I have to attend a team building trip the week after so that might be why my registration is so early.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Im going to have to contact them , so that i can give my employer the notice they require. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭mel(",)

we are back the 8th..was down in the s.u office yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

registeration is on the 1st and first years are starting on the 8 while the rest of us are not back till the day after. as regards timetables i will tell you now newbie the timetables will not be put out until the first day and at that it will change at least 3 if not 4 times. so when you do finally get it i wouldn't hold my breath that it will be like that for the year. i am going into 3rd year so trust me i know what i'm talking about. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭abi2007

has anyone got their registration letter in the post yet?

abi2007 wrote: »
    has anyone got their registration letter in the post yet?

yeh i got mine today, it says registration is on friday the 27th of august, but the 27th is a wednesday, typical dundalk!

so are you going in on wednesday the 27th or friday the 29th? I take it you called them. do you get a set time to register?

so are you going in on wednesday the 27th or friday the 29th? I take it you called them. do you get a set time to register?

yeh i think it's 3pm, i've sent an email cos i had a few questions but yeh if i dont get a reply i'll ring them

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

mollybird wrote: »
    registeration is on the 1st and first years are starting on the 8 while the rest of us are not back till the day after. as regards timetables i will tell you now newbie the timetables will not be put out until the first day and at that it will change at least 3 if not 4 times. so when you do finally get it i wouldn't hold my breath that it will be like that for the year. i am going into 3rd year so trust me i know what i'm talking about. :)

Second that.

For our second semester there were three different timetables for our year and it got very very confusing.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Second that.

For our second semester there were three different timetables for our year and it got very very confusing.

its because the timetables are made up but the lectures are then allowed to mix there classes around to suit them so it takes awhile to get it sorted to suit all the lecturers

I still haven't recieved my registration in the post yet... has everybody got theirs?

I still haven't recieved my registration in the post yet... has everybody got theirs?

are you goin into first year?

no an add on Hons degree...said year 4 on my acceptance sheet.

ya i still not got mine yet. i kinda was half thinking is cause we offically didn't finish till june. but seems more of ye not got yours yet. me half thinking of going across the road to the college to find out what is going on. it's seriously wrecking my head:mad:

no an add on Hons degree...said year 4 on my acceptance sheet.

Are you doing any repeats? If you are you don't get registration lettes during repeats or so I'm told anyway.

no i did three years in DIT this is my first year in DKIT but i'm going into year 4... i didn't want to hassel them but i think i'll ring tomo

no i did three years in DIT this is my first year in DKIT but i'm going into year 4... i didn't want to hassel them but i think i'll ring tomo

Ah right. I get you. Maybe you have to contact DIT too and ask them what the story is too.

i finished my three years in 2005 so i submitted my exam results with my application to DKIT so that shouldn't be the hold up.

i finished my three years in 2005 so i submitted my exam results with my application to DKIT so that shouldn't be the hold up.

Best give DKIT a ring then. Hope they haven't forgotten about you. :)

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Best give DKIT a ring then. Hope they haven't forgotten about you. :)

yeh best give them a ring and see, there notoriously bad at paperwork and the likes though so i'd say its a fault on there end

draffodx wrote: »
    yeh best give them a ring and see, there notoriously bad at paperwork and the likes though so i'd say its a fault on there end

I second that. Shockingly bad at times. I wonder if anything out of the ordinary will occur this year.

And of course.... Will the SU be more informing to us or will they randomly stage a car crash without warning any of us?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

No registration for me either :rolleyes:

I did have 1 repeat, which still means i can register...

If there's no sign tomorrow, i'll be ringing

i got my second letter off them today regarding the error they made in the first letter so i presume they'd have sent out everyones letters by now, i register on wednesday and then start sept 9th at 2pm

I called them, the said they'll be sending out a letter soon...! I register on the 5th of september and start on the ninth.. woohoo! Draffox what year are you in? What subject? Is anyone doin the same course as me in the same year:confused:

i'm goin into 4th year doing commercial computing

Well hopefully I'll get a letter tomo, i'm on the list anyway.

As long as you're on the list then that's fine.

me heading into 3rd year social care. oh joy of bliss:p disertation here i come:(

• Advertisement

i'm not sure if I have to do one, I have a project and a work placement. wonder what the project intails

Advertisement