Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration and timetables Etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

why registration is delayed is anyone who was doing work placement and didn't finish till after summer exams were done will get them out with those who had to repeat exams. was just in college and that is what i was told. hope that helps people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭abi2007

Thanks Mollybird,
    join our pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

I'm having a problem with my fees at the moment. I probably won't get a grant 'cause my parents have decided that I don't need P21s so my grant form won't be in on time, might get away with but not counting on it. But I'm going into 1st BSc in Applied Biosciences and my fees are over €2300, now I was sure they were around €900 so that's all I saved. Called the guy in the fees department said they might be a mistake, but only might. So what I'm wondering what are everyone else fees in a first year ordinary degree?

I tought you only paid registration.. not fees unless this is your second time doin a ord degree

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

abi2007 wrote: »
    I tought you only paid registration.. not fees unless this is your second time doin a ord degree

yeh your registration should be only 900 unless you are repeating

• Advertisement

my registration arrived today... finaly

my registration arrived today... finaly

i was down at the college registering today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Ah my registration came today as well, it's on the 4th and I think at half two, yeashh!

Mine is 9am... I can't do 9am!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

hi guys, im a mature student who is starting in dundalk.i havent heard anything about registration dates for mature students,am i to take it that i should go in on the 1st sept like everybody else?

• Advertisement

papagormo wrote: »
    hi guys, im a mature student who is starting in dundalk.i havent heard anything about registration dates for mature students,am i to take it that i should go in on the 1st sept like everybody else?

no you should contact the college and see whats goin on

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I wish I was a mature student. They always get free lunch every Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Gu3rr1lla

Hey i still havent gotten any letter yet? I had to repeat 2 maybe that's why? also havent heard anything back from the grant office either? what's going on? :S

Gu3rr1lla wrote: »
    Hey i still havent gotten any letter yet? I had to repeat 2 maybe that's why? also havent heard anything back from the grant office either? what's going on? :S

You wont know whether you got into the next year of your course until the results of the repeats are known which can be a month into the first semester and grant offices only finished collecting grant applications last friday so it'll be around 2 months before you hear anything from them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

So registration for me was done and dusted today and i was severely hungover for it :(

hi those who are in the Business studies area i believe the new timetables are up all ready.

www.dkit.ie/bs

go check it out.

mollybird wrote: »
    hi those who are in the Business studies area i believe the new timetables are up all ready.

www.dkit.ie/bs

go check it out.

i checked this out , Is this last years timetables ?

crap maybe. i looked at my last year timetable but seriously cannot remember if that is the way our classes went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Topmanager

Hi
    Just want to know can any of the people that registrated yesterday,log into there webmail on the DKIT website.I cannot

Topmanager wrote: »
    Hi
    Just want to know can any of the people that registrated yesterday,log into there webmail on the DKIT website.I cannot

ya you should be able to i was when i first started all those 2 years ago. you go into current students and go down to webmail and put in your user name and password which you would of gotten at reg.

• Advertisement

Topmanager wrote: »
    Hi

No its not working for me either.

Sarge wrote: »
    No its not working for me either.

there doin some maintenance or something on new users accounts i believe, it could be thats why there not working

still haven't got the money ready for registration... mines on friday, what are the chances of gettin a letter from the vec by then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ramiriquez

still haven't got the money ready for registration... mines on friday, what are the chances of gettin a letter from the vec by then

I had my registration yesterday and the form has an option 'awaiting decision from VEC, etc.' so no need to worry.

hay guys, im a mature student starting off this year, and as yet i have not received any info about registration from dkit. have i missed the date for mature students to register does anybody know?

you really need to ring them, you shoul have recieved a letter by now. I'm a mature student too.:o

Ramiriquez wrote: »
    I had my registration yesterday and the form has an option 'awaiting decision from VEC, etc.' so no need to worry.

cool... thanks for that, I'm going to go on friday and register but i haven't got 900 euro to pay them. do you have to bring passport photo's with you? I can only attend next tuesday as i have an op on wed and won't be well enough for the rest of the week, do i need to tell someone i won't be there? i don't want them thinking i've left and who do I give sick note too?

oh lordy,its all so confusing!:o
    still, im all set as ive bought my 5 copies today!
    well prepared i am:D

copies? will you not be using A4 pads?

• Advertisement

ahh, i ended up buying 5 hardbacks, but secretly wanted to get the pack of 12 "Aisling" copies! but sadly my sister (a first year collage student too) wouldnt let me!

Advertisement