Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT results are in!

Options
  • 06-08-2008 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Well, it my only be a Focus but as a 2008 model they went over it with a fine toothcomb. Chassis number went to Rosslare last week and they charged extra for the stereo (standard in the UK, not here) and, get this, metallic paint!

So be warned, they need the cash and they are going after it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Well, it my only be a Focus but as a 2008 model they went over it with a fine toothcomb. Chassis number went to Rosslare last week and they charged extra for the stereo (standard in the UK, not here) and, get this, metallic paint!

Metallic paint has always been VRT'd hence different prices for the same car depending on engine size under the old system!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I've brought in three cars over the years and was never charged for metallic.

Im importing a car soon,
    how much extra over the VRT calculator online?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

You were charged Extra for a Stereo and paint? Thats ridiculous! Expecially the Stereo!

They must be desprete for cash! I dont care though... Im leaving this Kip soon, and the main reason I am is VRT :)

I love cars... I could have a really nice one anywhere else in europe. but not here as its just to expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

grahambo wrote: »
    You were charged Extra for a Stereo and paint? Thats ridiculous! Expecially the Stereo!

Well Ford dont give them for free so it ads to the cost of the car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

how does metallic paint affect the CO2 emissions of a car.
    I ask because before the changes to the VRT system it was just a naked "tax 'em until they're drained dry" type tax but now it is presented as a lovely fluffly little environment preserving tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Im importing a car soon,
    how much extra over the VRT calculator online?

If you enter the exact details on-line and the car hasn't any extras, it will be exactly what it says. It all depends on if they come to inspect the car. When I was paying my VRT they just came down and checked the chasssis number in the Navan office.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Thats strange.I always thought they base your vrt on the standard UK spec, not the irish spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Mailman wrote: »
    how does metallic paint affect the CO2 emissions of a car.

It doesnt and nobody claims it does. Your % is determind by the Co2 output. That doesnt change regardless of whats on the car. The value goes up though so you are paying the same percentage of a higher amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Thats strange.I always thought they base your vrt on the standard UK spec, not the irish spec.

That might be right.
    Example: Fiat Panda Eleganza appears on ros.ie. Eleganza spec is only sold in UK, not in Ireland. Emotion spec. doesn't appear on ros.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

grahambo wrote: »

They must be desprete for cash! I dont care though... Im leaving this Kip soon, and the main reason I am is VRT :)

I love cars... I could have a really nice one anywhere else in europe. but not here as its just to expensive

Same here, maybe just for a year or so. Then with a million euros worth of cars come home and go into the vrt office and do them all for free!

Advertisement