Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows CE - Regedit - Startup Programs

• 06-08-2008 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi,
    The boss wants to swithc to Thin Clients running citrix so I got a loan of a HP Thin Client and set it up lovely. But... the old system used to automaticaly open IE jusing the startup fuction and sisplay the web interface for citrix (login etc) Windows CE dosent have this.

I have read that if you edit the reg you can do it but I can seam to find a way to do this. There is a run but regedit is not found. I have looked for the commands but to no avail.

Has anyone found a way to get round this or a fix?

Cheers

Jonny

1Love

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

long time since I played with CE but does it have a startup folder ?

you can get lots of utils, one of which is a command prompt or you could link it to a desktop and use normal windows to move shortcuts around

here is a regedit http://www.tucows.com/preview/32381

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭jony1983ie

No, no startup folder. I am using the desktop shortcut at the minute but dont know how to get it to run on startup. It comes with VNC installed and it starts auto on boot so there must be a away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,486 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Do you have File Explorer or something similar in your build of Windows CE? If so, just go to the \Windows\Startup folder and copy and paste a shortcut to \Windows\iexplore.exe there. If there isn't a \Windows\Startup folder already, try just creating it first.

This certainly works on PocketPC which is based on WinCE so it should work, but all builds of WinCE are (potentially) different, so you never know what features are included and which aren't.

nope not a thing. its not like the mobile thing I have it too. No My computer or explorer.

it bites big!

1 love

jony1983ie wrote: »
    nope not a thing. its not like the mobile thing I have it too. No My computer or explorer.
    Hmmm .. if it's anything like the WinCE tablet I use sometimes (a wireless Panasonic ruggedized thing) then they have a setup whereby certain functions and access to certain devices are disabled by default, but can be enabled by going into the Control Panel (do you have that, at least?) going into a supervisor applet and entering the supervisor password. Does the HP have anything like that at all?

• Advertisement

I have the following

Start menu with programs and settings. programs include mplayer and citrix etc nout all else setting are general setting like network connections and sound display etc. no system or my computer or anything relating to startups. I have a run fuction but as of yet not a command for it. help command is even crap!

I will go now and take pics of all I can and post up.

We will get to the bottom of this one day :)

1Love

Sorry for the late reply got side tracked by KFC and work.... loving those hot rods!!!

Anyway here are the pics

IMAG0061 (Small).jpg
    IMAG0062 (Small).jpg
    IMAG0063 (Small).jpg
    IMAG0064 (Small).jpg

1Love

If I were you I'd take a look in the HP Thinconnect application shown in your first screen grab. Doing some Googling it would appear that on some of the older clients there was a thing called the HP Connection Manager in which you could define connections for IE or RDP sessions and start them up automatically on boot up, and this app seems to be the replacement for that.

ah your a bit special! It worked and also i found options to lock the functions down even more so they can do nout. Kiosk style.Thanks for the help!1Love

Glad it worked out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement