Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bizarre lump on gum

• 06-08-2008 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

I had seven fillings done in 2004 at a dentist in Rathmines.
    Apparently I didn't need the fillings at all and he was just creating business for himself.

Since then over the past year a lump has formed on the gum adjacent to one of the fillings. It changes shape all the time. Bigger, smaller, soft, gone and back. That obviously freaked me out so I got my doctor to have a quick look at it. He said it was not a problem but to get it checked with a dentist.
    I went to another dentist and she said it was caused by the dodgy unnecessary filling.

So now I need root canal treatment to fix this problem.
    How much am I looking at?
    What is involved?
    Is it done in one session?

Cheers
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

Sorry about your dodgey dentist Zamboni,

I'm not speaking from experience here but I know someone who had three root canals and said they were not as bad as people made out.

If you are worried about cost the Dental School in Trinity preform procedures for very little. http://web1.dental.tcd.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭05D

I had one of them from an unnessecary filling on my front tooth.

The root canal was no pain at all. I was very surprised!

Not a fan of dentists at all.

Cost me €620 approx for the 2 trips to the dentist.
    €120 - to burst the absess and drain it
    €500 for the Canal then.

Luckily I didn't have to get a crown this would of cost a lot more.

Which tooth is it?

Advertisement