Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

hibernian ignition

Options
  • 06-08-2008 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Non Capisco;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

nonsense I think, You get a discount between 20-40% depending on your performance. There are good few threads on this with more information, just do a search.

They won't let me do it cause of the no engines greater than 1600 cc rule. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I failed it a couple of months ago - missed a speed limit sign :o
    The general experience was that the IAM guy was more interested in education than assessment. He spent a good while after the test going over stuff, and made lots of useful suggestions. I'd recommend it to anyone, and I'll be resitting in a month or so.

As for the general difficulty, the IAM examiner would hold drivers to a higher standard than the legal driving test. That said, it's at hibernian's sole discretion whether you pass or fail, so the goalposts aren't exactly clear.
    Nonsense. Both to your question and your use of language:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

infraction for figmurphy for use of text-speak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭m2wua0ox56iz93

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

I took this test 4 years ago

Bit of a money spinner for them really. the quote I got after passing matched that of AXA, QUINN, FBD and AA

its basically just proof for them that you can drive.
    More nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

grahambo wrote: »
    I took this test 4 years ago

Bit of a money spinner for them really. the quote I got after passing matched that of AXA, QUINN, FBD and AA

its basically just proof for them that you can drive.
    More nonsense

It has changed quite a bit, I think. It was mainly for provisional drivers back then, wasn't it? My quote based on passing the test was 15-20% less than the next best offer, and I shopped around pretty thoroughly.

OP, a lesson or two couldn't hurt. Also, bear in mind that you will be driving the instructor's car, so getting used to the controls of a driving school size car (Micra/Yaris/Fiesta/Swift etc) mightn't be any harm if you drive something significantly different.

Advertisement