Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT scraped my car!!!

Options
  • 06-08-2008 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

i was at the nct test centre yesterday and when i got the car back i drove accross to another car park to put the hub caps back on.. and on the passenger side i noticed a scrape along the door and like a chip as if it had been hit against something and on the drivers door there is black like oil above the handle that i cannot get off.

where do i stand on this?? i didnt sign any disclaimer or see any signs at the centre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Did you go back to the test centre and take it up with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

I'm guessing by the fact you've written this post that you've already gone home. Which means it's probably too late as they can say you could've done it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Vertakill wrote: »
    I'm guessing by the fact you've written this post that you've already gone home. Which means it's probably too late as they can say you could've done it yourself.

Agreed. You should have gone back straight away to them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

By all means, take it up with whoever is in charge at the centre. However, if they deny it, I doubt you'll get anywhere.

My sympathies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

It might be worth having a quick scout to see if they have CCTV covering places where employees are in custody of cars. I'm sure they get the odd claim from a chancer and may have them as protection. If they do, it may help prove your case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

Oh, just a scrape then... I was thinking that it failed so badly that they scrapped the car :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

i rang the next day to complain, i received a complaints form yesterday and i attached photos of the scrapes. theres oil on the drivers door aswell. im not a happy bunny at all as i only bought it two wks ago! so i know for definite there were no scrapes whatsoever on it!! ive sent the letter + photos off today.. stating i expect a satisfactory outcome.

if i had of went back immediatley they would of pawned me off with at your own risk lark, and i get very loud and angry in situations like this hence why i decided to pen it instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭barnacle

I thought they had actually scrapped your car.

This thread is a resounding FAIL.

we shouldnt have to sign disclaimers for something we are obliged to do by law, the timing belt I can understand but not for interior damage or exterior damage.

We HAVE to get our cars NCT`d its not too much to expect that ours cars are not damaged during the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Misticles wrote: »
    im not a happy bunny at all as i only bought it two wks ago! so i know for definite there were no scrapes whatsoever on it!!
    Eh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Misticles wrote: »
    i was at the nct test centre yesterday and when i got the car back i drove accross to another car park to put the hub caps back on.. and on the passenger side i noticed a scrape along the door and like a chip as if it had been hit against something and on the drivers door there is black like oil above the handle that i cannot get off.

where do i stand on this?? i didnt sign any disclaimer or see any signs at the centre.

You'd be doing well to get anything off them for this. Unless there is a scratch mark on your car that matches up with the blue steel barriers they use on the test lanes or possibly the car came into contact with some of their equipment for example the headlamp aligement tester. Take a pic and post it up here so we can see it...

Advertisement