Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creepy

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Well my heart goes out to you. I know its not easy for you and the OP; the homeless person is being awfully inconsiderate. How do you suggest we tackle the problem? Round up all the homeless people and put them somewhere out of sight?

Duh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Zounds wrote: »
    Sweet jesus let this moronic thread die.

There'll doubtless be another one started at some point. Maybe it should be stickied? Imagine:

STICKY, READ BEFORE YOU POST THREAD ABOUT HOMELESS GUY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭imarugbyball

Seifer wrote: »
    This is twaddle too. Any potential investors walking around campus are in no way going to find him endearing and at best will be indifferent to him.

Please be joking.

You are a real asshole man. A real bad piece of humanity. To think that because someone looks different to you that automatically means they are a a threat is just a horrible belief to hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

He has as much right as anyone else to be there.
    That's not technically true. Although he's not asked to leave for whatever reason (saved a girl being raped, former lecturer who lost his mind, insert your myth here), that's not to say that he has any rights to be there. Don't get me wrong, now, I'm not saying he should be removed. Just that he could. He's not a student or staff member, and could be asked to leave if he were causing a nuicence, or even just if Hugh Brady fell out with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Homeless guy if you talk to him never did anything heroic, but just figured UCD was a good spot to live. The fact that no other homeless people followed is because they are have yet to notice that a campus is rich pickings compared to a bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

Did he tell you that, scop, or are you just guessing?

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Not strictly true, there have been a few others briefly, they've always been moved on mostly due to harassing people... Anyone remember the smelly guy who used to get stuff in the Library SU shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Richie15 wrote: »
    Did he tell you that, scop, or are you just guessing?

He told me, or more precisely a group of us. Seemed genuine although this is the only time I've ever talked to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Jamie-b

FYI: His name is hoboman not the UCD bum. When I started college there was cartoon about him in a college newspaper, and he gets free lunch in both the restaurant and he SU shop so obviously he has managed to buld up good relationships despite not saying a word. Rumours aside, I think he is a closet superhero.. he has that vibe..

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

"hoboman" is not his name - its the UCD Bum. and this thread should not die, nor is it moronic. I move for a sticky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Where does he sleep at night?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Winwood

Richie15 wrote: »
    He and could be asked to leave ... just if Hugh Brady fell out with him.

You mean if they had a disagreement over the finer points of UCD policy perhaps? :D

Not that it hasn't been said enough but yeah, he's harmless. I'm kind of surprised people get this wound up about something so trivial - I mean you know what they say about arguing with people on the internet right?

Edit: Sorry to bring this thread back up but I couldn't help myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

The attitude of some of the people on this thread is actually unbelieveable. Ive never seen people standing up for other peoples prejudices so much since the 40's in certain central european nations!

Ive lived beside UCD my whole life, Marcus (that is what we knew him as at the time, can anyone back that up?) has been there at least 15 years, probably the least scary 'vagrant' i have ever met, he just goes about his business and im yet to see him do so much as say boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Wait, you were both in Germany in the 1940's and in UCD your whole life?

who cares, goodwins law has come to pass, surely this is sign enough we need a lock?

Advertisement