Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin City Navigator NT 2008

Options
  • 06-08-2008 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi Guys
    I’m in Rochfortbridge Co Westmeath, and I have a Garmin 250 Sat Nav It Works Fine. The map on it is 'City Navigator NT 2008. Afew weeks ago the new N6 from Kilbeggan to Athlone open. My sat nav don’t work on this part of the N6. Is there an updated
    Version of 'City Navigator NT 2008 out. If there is how much it would cost.
    Because I got 2008 maps free from garmin already.

Thanks Guys.

loreco

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'm afraid not. Garmin's map distribution is annual, so typically updates are made available in the early part of the new year (December for people who buy new devices, January->March for people upgrading maps).

However, given that these changes are late summer, they may not make it into the 2009 City Navigator update at all, and may not be available until early 2010.

If I were you, I would go straight to the Navteq reporter page and report these road changes immediately. Might expedite the process.

I drove that stretch at the weekend with my Garmin, and I had to turn off the navigation for that stretch, as the 're-routing' prompts every 20 seconds get very annoying. On a positive note, living in Rochfordbridge, you probably have a good idea where you're going when you're on the N6! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'm from Athlone and live in Dublin and having Garmin maps for the past 10 years I'm well aware of how the digital maps stay behind the actual roads.

V9 of the Mapsource map had the N6 running to Kinnegad, version '2008' had the road running to Tyrellspass while the road itself ran to Kilbeggan for a few months after the new '2008' version came out.

In theory the new version whenever it hits the streets will have the M6 dual carriageway running to Athlone but I wouldn't bet on it, watch it run to Kilbeggan for yet another year.

There was an Esso filling station near me on Grange road in Deansgrange in Dublin but it closed down about 6 years ago, I alerted Navteq as to that fact and about two years later they have finally acknowledged my submission. I know that loads of filling stations in Dublin have closed but this place stopped being a filling station long long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

coylemj wrote: »
    ...two years later they have finally acknowledged my submission...
    Do they give you an acknowledgment that they have made the necessary changes? I've made a number of submissions to them and get an almost immediate response of thanks/receipt of submission, but haven't received anything further.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Do they give you an acknowledgment that they have made the necessary changes? I've made a number of submissions to them and get an almost immediate response of thanks/receipt of submission, but haven't received anything further.
    I reported a half dozen faults in my local area when I got my unit in December 2007, and like you got an acknowledgement straight away. I only got one response in the 8 months since then, but that was just to say that the map was correct after all, when in fact, they'd changed the map version displayed in the Navteq Reporter in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Yes the e-mail from Navteq stated that they have removed the POI (filling station).

• Advertisement
Advertisement