Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earn a Zhevra Mount- New Recruit-a- Friend! (and tripple xp)

Options
  • 06-08-2008 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭

taken from http://blue.cardplace.com/newcache/us/8557153786.htm

With the new Recruit-A-Friend program you can earn an exclusive Zhevra mount, receive a FREE month of game time, and gain access to other exciting in-game benefits. From the moment your friend creates a character and starts playing you’ll both earn triple the experience when grouped together and have the ability to summon one another from anywhere in the world. Also, for every two levels of experience your friend earns, they can grant one level of experience to any one of your characters.

To start recruiting your friends click here. http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/recruit-a-friend.html

For more details on the new Recruit-A-Friend program please click here. http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20588

everyone should go read about this, very interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

US only,

For now at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Thats just giving me a reason to setup a second account !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

noooooo yankee dogs!!!

should be announced for us soon.

thats deffo an incentive to buy a second account.

Damn right. Imagine how quick you could level some toons when multi boxing with tripple xp !

is multi boxin allowed?

a guy in av the other day had 4 shammies, all very similarly geared named like "shammy, whammy, bammy and scammy" or somethin like that.

i asked him to defend he said no problem and headed stright to galv.

we ended up keeping the allies bottle necked around tp while the rest of us kept pushing forward. easiest av ever.

anyway, back on topic. heres the pic of the mount

zhevrarecolor.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Yes it's allowed, it's not breaking any rules.

Aye blizz actually like the idea. Im seriously thinking about giving it a try. But 4 x accounts aint cheap !

nah forget about 4. 2 would cost enough for me anyways.

2 rogues would be sweet for pvp.

or 2 warlocks. dot's would be insane

Aye, then imagine what 5 would be like :) There is even a few vids out there of a guy multiboxing kara all the way to illhoof ! He obviously uses alot of macros.

thats genius!! i imagine its extremely tough though. doing 10 peoples job

• Advertisement

Yeah it has to be. But all the controls for all 10 toons were on the same screen. I think he used 4 shammys, so had a single macro for each ability/spell etc etc and it used it for all 4 of them. Ill see if i can find the video again. Was on youtube but cant seem to find it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

http://www.wowwiki.com/Dual_box

I have some other links, but its difficult to be sure what violates the EULA and what doesnt. Its a pretty grey area tbh and the ongoing court case between MDY Industries (Glider) and Blizzard have made this area all the more greyish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

I love how Blizzard call it 'RECRUIT A FRIEND' ........ it's pixel crack & damnit, I'm an addict :-(

i was thinking more about this today. lets say, i have 2 accounts, one with a level 20 rogue. and i use my new second account as my recruited friend and roll, say a pally.

having recruited myself, can i level my pally to say 60 and just log back into my other account and level my rogue up 30 levels at once?!

or do they borth have to be active at once, as in online together?

EDIT heres a wotlk beta pic of the new mount tab..

l3f5dl4dapb4x6ilvts.jpg

save the image and host it on http://pix.sparky-s.ie

Note, dont click the NSFW work tab on that site, or anythign for that matter. You have been warned.

think i figured out what you were talking about, and uploaded as suggested ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Multi-boxing should not be allowed. It basically an i-win button. There is no way, anyone, can beat someone who is doing it. But why would Blizz care if almost everyone in the game hates multi-boxers...they got 4x the subscription money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

currently have 4 active wow accounts leveling 4 shammys.. have a friend who is leveling a pally tank next to me. the recruit a friend is great bassicly i have the 4 shammys have X3 exp all the time when grouped together. and once they reach level 60 i have 2 more chars to get to 30 straight away. and 2 mounts :) :P

Multiboxing is not illegal, there is no use of a bot at all, its all down to the way keys are bounded to each char and how you set up the macros.. the way i have it set up is 4xcomputers 4xwireless recievers 1xwireless keyboard so all 4 will get the same key stroke.

And a hint to take down a multiboxer is take down the char that all of the others are following. take that guy down and you will distress the guy for 2-10 seconds and you can kill them. there central hub is there main guy which is the screen he looks at ect ect.

Blues have posted a million times that multiboxing is not illegal. There has been one guy that i know of who got banned for multiboxing.. contacted the support and unbanned him and apoligeies as the GM who banned him was new and didnt understand the concept.

4 accounts... nice
    Are all players eligible to use the "Recruit A Friend" service ?

Players with a World of Warcraft account from the following countries are able to use the "Recruit A Friend" service: Austria, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, UK, Norway, Sweden, Greece, Ireland, Belgium and Spain. Players from outside of these countries; players with trial accounts, or with full accounts with five referrals from the " Recruit A Friend" service currently pending, are ineligible.

thats taken from the official sites q&a

looks like were ready to rock and roll... thats my weekend sorted hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Lo Toxick - another boxer here. As has been said before - would you attack 5 characters played by 5 players on your own and expect to live? Then why would you think attacking 5 characters controlled by 1 person is any different?

Reaslistically I've had rogues *destroy* my group as I wander from instance to instance (running mage, mage, mage or warlock, healer, paladin as a PvE group). Similarly locks, spriests and warriors can ruin my day by using a fear, nuking my leader and then killing the rest at their leisure. That's on their own. Certain boxing compositions are better for PvP obviously (all shaman, all lock groups especially) but with a grand total of 2 boxers being able to break 2k in arenas I really think the level of over-reaction to this is fairly silly.

Personally I play a box group because I enjoy the extra level of complexity that managing positioning, CC, healing and tanking brought to the game for me since I was very bored with the 5 man PvE content and was playing pretty much just to raid. 5 boxing has revitalised content outside of raiding for me and I'm having a ball once more ;)

Oh - on the "5 subsciptions" motivation for Blizzard, they've banned over 300,000 accounts in the last year for everything from gold trading to win trading - do you honestly think that they care about whether I pay for 1 or 5 accounts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

Evac101 wrote: »
    Lo Toxick - another boxer here. As has been said before - would you attack 5 characters played by 5 players on your own and expect to live? Then why would you think attacking 5 characters controlled by 1 person is any different?

Reaslistically I've had rogues *destroy* my group as I wander from instance to instance (running mage, mage, mage or warlock, healer, paladin as a PvE group). Similarly locks, spriests and warriors can ruin my day by using a fear, nuking my leader and then killing the rest at their leisure. That's on their own. Certain boxing compositions are better for PvP obviously (all shaman, all lock groups especially) but with a grand total of 2 boxers being able to break 2k in arenas I really think the level of over-reaction to this is fairly silly.

Personally I play a box group because I enjoy the extra level of complexity that managing positioning, CC, healing and tanking brought to the game for me since I was very bored with the 5 man PvE content and was playing pretty much just to raid. 5 boxing has revitalised content outside of raiding for me and I'm having a ball once more ;)

Oh - on the "5 subsciptions" motivation for Blizzard, they've banned over 300,000 accounts in the last year for everything from gold trading to win trading - do you honestly think that they care about whether I pay for 1 or 5 accounts?

The first shock of seeing 5 chars running towards you is a bit of a scare for PvP.

Of course the reaction to pvp of boxers is silly, they just dont understand it and how much time and effort of micro mangaing it really is. They first think its some sort of hack, or bots ect and think your cheating. Thats the main reason why i went and used the wireless setup, cause if enough people complain to blizzard they might make keyclone/AHK a third party program ect ect and of course their jelous(sp? :() :P

Pretty much same with me , i play to raid, and it does get tedious at times, with this new setup it brings a bit more fun back into the game. I just dinged 35 tho last night so im still trying to get use to setting up macros and key bindings. I have my formations set perfectly, and i usualy group with a IRL friend who plays tank paly for the instances. And i have my macros set for all spells ect(i hope) but hell.. its great fun doing this.. and the 3x exp is fantastic as you can see im leveling quite fast and also once i ding 60 i get 2 level 30 free chars :)

Actualy.. does anyone know if i refer two people with 1 account and they both level to 70.. do the levels stack? so i can get a instant level 60 char? cause i know that the free levels stop at level 60 and to level a char it needs to be lower then the char itself. So would leveling 2 chars to level 70 gives me a free level 60? or should i just level a char to 60 and then use the free levels to boost him to 60?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

If I read the FAQ on their site correctly, the bonuses of refer a friend stop once you hit 60 - took that as meaning you cannot give levels anymore once you've got 61+

Advertisement