Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help on an Article.

Options
  • 06-08-2008 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭

Writing up an article and would just like boards help.

I'm looking for the names of famed or infamous players from the following locations.

Waterford. Dublin. Cork. Athlone. Letterkenny.

And any interesting poker facts about the above places.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm sure there are a few sicko degen stories about Dublin, but is it ok to tell/print these without permission (players still about etc)

Mellor wrote: »
    I'm sure there are a few sicko degen stories about Dublin, but is it ok to tell/print these without permission (players still about etc)

As long as what you say/print is the truth you are fine. However, as with most things, you cannot be even slightly incorrect in what you say. To be honest I think a good rule of thumb would be to not print anything without the person's permission. Many people would not take having their poker stories printed well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Don't worry I'm a professional LOL.

The articles are supposed to be upbeat and positive on each area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Mellor wrote: »
    If you're posting them here, here would be the guidelines/ rules:

Don't post anything about someone that you didn't witness first hand. Or if you wanna tell a story that was told to you, make sure that it is impossible to identify the subject of that story from your writing, but the best thing to do is not post hearsay at all.

But if it's an account from something you witnessed first hand, post it away, but the poster has to be identifiable IRL, so people who aren't known around here aren't allowed post any sort of stories unless they can prove they are who they say they are.

The general and basic Defamation rule is that it's OK to publish something if it is true, but it can be a minefield trying to prove something to be true if the poster didn't witness it first hand, hence the rule about only things you witnessed first hand on here please.

Although people can write whatever the fcuk they want in their own Blogs though. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I'm from Letterkenny but I'm more flamed than famed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

NickyOD wrote: »
    I'm from Letterkenny but I'm more flamed than famed.

fact about letterkenny.......Goggle have Letterkenny as top of the list for singletons looking for sex. Recent issue of da indo stated. Surely you can use this info Fatboy...

Steo5s language is getting atrocious I must say. He must be hanging out in other forums...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What about that guy who flat call flopped quads to the river this week,

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭express79

Fatboydim wrote: »
    Writing up an article and would just like boards help.

I'm looking for the names of famed or infamous players from the following locations.

Waterford. Dublin. Cork. Athlone. Letterkenny.

And any interesting poker facts about the above places.

Thanks.

Alright Len

These places are all on the Irish Poker Tour. Article something to do with this?

However, I don't see Kiltimagh listed-I presume you already know the infamous poker players from here:confused: As for the interesting poker facks about Kiltimagh, I'll just wish you good luck on that one:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

Adam Fallon, local genius from Dublin has retied from his pursuit of poker stardom in order to further his relationship with a lovely Thai lad-y named Frank. Im sure he'll do an interview if its ok with her.

Nicky - I was of course going to mention you in the Letterkenny article :D

Ditto what Ste05 says:

Bren you may of course yet become more famous than your brother :)

Yuletired - I don't care if that statement is true or not - It's in :D

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The General won a Nintendo Wii in the raffle in the Fitz the other night. I'm sure there is a sitcom there somewhere.

Dom that is so funny. I reckon he'll return it with a complaint that he's had to buy a new TV as the strap broke on the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭express79

Fatboydim wrote: »
    Nicky - I was of course going to mention you in the Letterkenny article :D

Ditto what Ste05 says:

Bren you may of course yet become more famous than your brother :)
    Yuletired - I don't care if that statement is true or not - It's in :D

Buster isn't that famous yet-maybe it's my cousin you're referring to:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

5starpool wrote: »
    The General won a Nintendo Wii in the raffle in the Fitz the other night. I'm sure there is a sitcom there somewhere.

:D SuddenlyI realise who the general always reminded me of:

Marrrrrrio... Very Clever young man

Super_Mario_&_Nintendo_1280x960.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

YULETIRED wrote: »
    fact about letterkenny.......Goggle have Letterkenny as top of the list for singletons looking for sex. Recent issue of da indo stated.

Only since I moved back here :pac:

badum-tishhh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

5starpool wrote: »

I play good bowl, no split, aiyee you lucky I hurt hip. i bring home gold

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nintendo+wii+old+man+dancing

Advertisement