Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What price to ask for?

Options
  • 06-08-2008 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help.

I currently have a ten year old mare for sale and have no idea what price to ask for her.

She is a 15.1hh coloured mare, nice cob sort, not too heavy but still with a bit of bone. I bought her as a three year old for 1,800 Irish pounds. Since then she has hunted five seasons and is an incredibly safe and reliable hunter. I did Pony Club eventing with her and was often placed in dressage. I have bred a very nice colt from her also.

I would love to have even a ballpark figure to work with. Anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Has she good breeding? I would need to see a picture of her tbh. Based on what you are saying i would ask 6K at least. To the right person she is probably worth more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭A_M101

She's a priceless horse for someone looking for a quiet, obedient hunter. Maybe someone a little older who's lost their nerve a bit.

She's the coloured on the left, not a great shot I know, but best I've got.
    87838791a2961703496b29041809l.jpg

Breeding very much unknown!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

what hunt is that?

That pic didn't work.. and I am sure that you are aware that selling a horse on boards.ie is verboten.

However, asking for a price is fine.

No, really not trying to sell online. She's a bit of a family pet so would like to sell to someone I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I would say around €6-7,000 should be asked for her. If she was a good safe hunter you would want to be getting it anyway.

Lovely. Thanks everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I'd say you could ask for a minimum of €7000. Horses are still making quite good money at the moment. You could also look up the ads in the Irish Field or Buy and Sell and see what prices are being asked for horses there. A safe and steady hunter is invaluable and make quite a bit of cash.

Advertisement