Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re: PGDE

• 06-08-2008 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm waiting to start my PGDE in NUIM in September but since I've finished correction I'm free for the next few weeks. Just wondering does anyone have any advice on study or reading I could be doing in the meantime? I asked the college but they said they won't give me a list until september and I don't want to waste the next month when it might make or break me during the year which I'm told is insane!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MissCathyR

Hey, I just completed the PGDE in UCD. If i were you i would enjoy the next few weeks of freedom that you have...it really is a busy year of work you have ahead of you. Altho if u really want to start organising youself i would suggest that you start planning lessons...
    Lesson plans will become your life for the next yr...each class has to have a beginning, a middle and an end. You need to have activities for the students and make the work as active as possible. So depending on the subjects you are teaching i would start to think how you would teach a certain topic.
    Regarding uni work...u really will have to wait until the lectures start.
    However one book that i may suggest would be a book by Jenny Moon called Reflection in Learning & Development: theory and practice. You can probably read a great deal of it online. Im sure that you will hear of her at some point...you will hear so much about becoming a 'reflective practicioner' this year and a great deal of marks of the year are allocated to how good of a reflector (ie bullsh***) you become.
    Enjoy the year...its so worth it!

Advertisement