Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PowerSlam Sub

• 06-08-2008 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭

I don't work for powerslam or am trying the hard sell but for people who just assume you cant sub to them from ireland, heres some info that should help:

6 months £18.50 for southern Ireland(Save around €6)
    1 Year would be £37.00(Save around €12)
    Airmail.

And your best of ringing them with your credit card details 00441622688945

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Thought when i read the headline that Subway were bringing out a new sandwitch endorsed by Lashley or someone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Powerslam is a brutal effort of a magazine. It provides precisely zero insight or opinion, apart from that Manor bloke, who is just being "controversial" for the sake of it.

FSM is marginally better, but only very marginally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I always swear off the mag nearly everytime I buy it only to buy it the following month. But still Wrestling news dates really fast for me and it's editor *say with my folks* does take a lot from the Observer.

I also think that the turn over of news has less to do with the internet and to do with Wrestling promotions themselves. Ive no desire to read a Great American Bash review a month after it happens. Alot of wrestling is totally disposable nowadays given the proximity of PPVs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

PowerSlam = Poor man's PWI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

PowerSlam = Poor man's PWI

Is Pwi the over kayfabed magazine that easons sell for like €11?

jeffk wrote: »
    Is Pwi the over kayfabed magazine that easons sell for like €11?

And six months old.

I think he is joking btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I like powerslam, but in saying that, im also the guy who likes multi people HIAC matches :p

Its funny because on the way home i picked it up today, weird...

Anyway, i like the little monthly articles it has, like this month it has started a "This month in mcmahon". i also find the baloney.com column amusing, as well as the section for stupid commentary mistakes.

Its also interesting to note that this month it has a total of FOUR interesting articles which have nothing really to do with wrestling today. In saying that, they are pretty dam good ones, "just for laughs: The comedy 'n' wrestling connection" "Total Knockout"(obviously about the TNA ladies), another TNA related article; "The two faces of TNA" and then the cover boy himself, a large one about Batista.

It might all be recycled news and infomation, but honestly, for 4.35, you cant go too wrong :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭PAU

Powerslam hates Cena so yeah PS > all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

but honestly, for 4.35, you cant go too wrong :cool:

There's better value out there.

• Advertisement

Anyone try Meltzer's Newsletter?

There's better value out there.

Not in my local newsagents theres not

PWI is nearly always out dated when gets on shelfs here but the articles are far better IMO.

PAU wrote: »

What is that now? :D
    "This month in mcmahon".

Stall the ball, you liked that one?

You forgot the recap of the comments on the F4W board. :pac:
    PWI is nearly always out dated when gets on shelfs here but the articles are far better IMO.

EDGE'S DIABOLICAL PLAN TO DESTROY UNDERTAKER: DOES THE VICKI HOLD THE KEY!

That type of stuff?

Ok I havn't read it in a while, but last time i did it was good. The end of year issue where they do the state of the industry is always good

Ok I havn't read it in a while, but last time i did it was good. The end of year issue where they do the state of the industry is always good

Oh I agree, the PWI 500 is a bit of a laugh too. The last issue I bought (the first in a LONG time) had a retrospective on all the Ric Flair covers they have but still it is WAY over-priced.

In fairness when comes their articles that is the typical stuff they write. Up until a few years they covered it as real. They still kind of dance around it a little bit.

This picture famous picture taken from a cover of PWI still rules the school:
    flairfourt.jpg

Having not read PWI in years,is it still Kayfabe'd to hell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

D-FENS wrote: »
    Thought when i read the headline that Subway were bringing out a new sandwitch endorsed by Lashley or someone :D
    I'd be down.

rovert wrote: »
    Stall the ball, you liked that one?

You forgot the recap of the comments on the F4W board. :pac:

That type of stuff?

Well i dint "like" it, i thought it is a nice regular section to have, with the ego trip mcmahon can be on at times.

I especially love some of the comments left by the F4W board :D
    If i may quote possibly the funniest:
    "When Punk was telling them to hurry up and start the match,I got the feeling he was thinking 'Quick, before creative change their minds!' "

DRakE wrote: »
    I'd be down.

What WOULD the "Powerslam sub" look like?

Black tough bread with some really crumbly insides?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Since its been mentioned does Quakenbush still write for PWI?

Since its been mentioned does Quakenbush still write for PWI?

Nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

For that matter, Quack has not been booked in ROH is ages. Story there? Another falling out with SuperGabe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

gimmick wrote: »
    For that matter, Quack has not been booked in ROH is ages. Story there? Another falling out with SuperGabe?

Hes booked up to the eyeballs for something crazy like the next 12 months and his appearances would be sporadic at best. Good luck to him being that busy, hes ****ing great.

PAU wrote: »

It's cover story on Flair & Foley is very, very juicy in the edition just put up an hour ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Is the Observer difficult to get in Ireland? How much is a subscription? Any and all details would be great.

As for PS, I still enjoy it. This month's issue has been mostly pants, but last month's was the best in years. Like someone said, for a fiver its grand.

Is the Observer difficult to get in Ireland? How much is a subscription? Any and all details would be great.

www.f4wonline.com

($9.99/€6.50 per month)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

How many issues do you get a month? (Forgive my laziness and thanks for the link).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

How many issues do you get a month? (Forgive my laziness and thanks for the link).

There's at least one a week. Sometimes there'll be a double issue (like last week or the week before) and sometimes there's two issues in a week when there's a big story out

• Advertisement

At least one a week often he puts out a double issue (if for example UFC & WWE run PPVs the same week.) In addition to that they put up back issues of the Observer from 1991 on once a week. Also the Figure4Weekly Bryan's newsletter comes out once a week.

Advertisement