Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trip to Achill

• 06-08-2008 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I'm thinking about heading to Achill Island for a few days later in the month, probably by myself - is there much to do there to keep me entertained for a couple of days? The golf course would only take a couple of hours and I'm not into water sports.

Anybody here from there?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I think there's a few Boardsies on here from Achill, or at least know it as well as i do.
    So, Youre not into water sports and youre wondering what to do in Achill :D? There's:
    Horse riding in Keel,
    Golf..minature golf, and pitch and putt
    Hill walking, climbing... all those "God isint it great to be outdoors" activities
    Deserted village walk?
    2 art galleries and other cultural stuff.
    Atlantic drive....Minaun Heights (nice auld view)

Probably not a whole pile in honesty, facilities are pretty bad to be honest. Sure if the worst comes to the worst cant ya spend the few days in the pub ;-) ...nope not a strip club, bunny ranch or house of ill repute to be found im afaid..but guaranteed craic i assure ya..whatever the weather.

Kat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Thanks. Golf it is then! Not keen on going pubbing on my own though...well maybe one or two. :)
    In terms of accomodation, could you recommend anywhere decent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Reoil wrote: »
    Thanks. Golf it is then! Not keen on going pubbing on my own though...well maybe one or two. :)
    In terms of accomodation, could you recommend anywhere decent?
    There's a campsite in Keel? :D

Or you could rent a holiday home. There are plenty around the place including a few developments in Keel. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I think there's a "niteclub"

.......notice the inverted commas:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I think there's a "niteclub"

.......notice the inverted commas:)

i from achill and niteclub with inverted commas is dead on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Harbour

stay in the valley house www.valley-house.com and you'll even find company for pints in their bar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Agree with Harbour. Valley House Doogort ( Gallaghers ) are a long time in the hospitality business. Good accommodation, good food, and you will meet interesting local people in the bar.

House also has a lot of history attached to it. Ask about Lynchehaun and Miss O'Donnell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Harbour

you wont get any more than breakfast and a packet of cheese and onion crisps there at this time of the year (not even salt and vinegar) but as nuac confirms its an interesting spot.

Advertisement