Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any dual sim phones than can take a 3G & 2G sim together?

• 06-08-2008 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭

I want to be able to use 2 sims in the one phone at the same time, one is 3g & the other 2g....is it possible....seen a few phones on ebay but not sure if any of them would do the job....tks dm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

if a phone takes a 3g sim then in general it should take a 2g sim without issuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Think the OP was after a dual sim phone. AFAIK there is a Samsung one that does a mix of 2G and 3G. You can only do calls and texts on the 2G one. Have a look on www.gsmarena.com.
    Think it's the D900

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Long B - I think I found the phone you were on about the samsung d880 duos http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_d880_duos-2156.php from what can gather it's only 2g sims but will read both and answer calls for each.....I'm trying to get a phone similar that will accept a 3 sim and meteor together.......only needs voice and text...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Glad to see you came around to Meteor drunkmunkey :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

yeah i got that. My point was more that there shouldn't be an issue with 2g if the phone takes 3g sim, in general.
    long_b wrote: »
    Think the OP was after a dual sim phone. AFAIK there is a Samsung one that does a mix of 2G and 3G. You can only do calls and texts on the 2G one. Have a look on www.gsmarena.com.
    Think it's the D900

• Advertisement

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Glad to see you came around to Meteor drunkmunkey :P

Not likley JMC i'd rather be up on a murder charge than meteor......i'm still flying the 3 flag.....:D

it's for a customer.....

This is the only one in the world I can track down...

http://www.trustedreviews.com/mobile-phones/news/2007/12/10/First-3G-Dual-SIM-Handset-Launched/p1

http://cgi.ebay.ph/Brand-New-Verzio-Duplii-Dual-Sim-3G_W0QQitemZ320283016166QQihZ011QQcategoryZ64355QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does he have any other option or would you need a phone like this to run both sims at once?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Apologies there Random, I should have known better.
    The Eten DX900 will do it whenever it comes out, but it's Windows Mobile and not out yet.
    I'm sure that will be very comforting to your customer :)

The Verizo phone looks good, waiting on a chap in Phillipines to get back to me with a postage price..

duplii_verzio.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I want to be able to use 2 sims in the one phone at the same time, one is 3g & the other 2g....is it possible....seen a few phones on ebay but not sure if any of them would do the job....tks dm

Why not use a dual sim adapter, it requires cutting the sim cards down to a smaller size, but stills contains the vital info, they are cheap to

davton wrote: »
    Why not use a dual sim adapter, it requires cutting the sim cards down to a smaller size, but stills contains the vital info, they are cheap to

I saw them, but would the phone have both sims active at the same time with the adapter, can you call or text from either sim easily...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I saw them, but would the phone have both sims active at the same time with the adapter, can you call or text from either sim easily...

Oh no sorry, should have gave a little more detail. Its one number connected to a network at a time. It takes about 3 clicks to change which sin the phone is using if memory is correct. It would depend on the scenario for which you wanted, but maybe use one as a main number for calls and the other for free texts. Send the text and switch back to the main sim, then when ready to reply, switch to check if they replied. Its far from perfect but can work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Try www.computerbargains.co.uk. They have a few Cect phones still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Celtic Mech

If anyone is stil linterested in the above, try this http://www.digibuys.co.uk/Dual-Sim-Card-Adapter-Ghost-p-256.html I used the site for buying HDMI cable and they are 100% reliable and fast delivery. The Dual Sim Adapter only costs about 5 pounds

Advertisement