Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

peanut sauce

• 06-08-2008 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

where would I get this ,i need it for a stirfy recipe ,cant find it in tesco or superquinn?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

aka satay sauce - I'm sure tesco do it.

Or try making your own - add a dollop of crunchy peanut butter to some coconut milk and chilli and simmer until you have the right consistency. A couple of tbsps of fish sauce to finish. For an authentic taste, add a tsp of shrimp paste at the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Instead of using crunchy peanut butter....smash up some peanuts in a mortar and pestle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

...making sure that they're the skinless, unsalted, unroasted kind first. Then you can roast them yourself in a pan for extra flavour before letting them cool and smashing them up.

Advertisement