Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major trouble finding a partner :(

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

Well Pepsi, any update on the situation yet? How are things going for you? Let us know. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

pepsi1234 wrote: »
    That's what I have discovered much to my chagrin. I'm just very disappointed by the whole gay scene, (meeting people wise)....but I do love Dragon hehe

Not only do they go in prearranged groups to pubs, there is a terrible herd mentality on the scene, they go in prearranged groups to social events, holidays and even protests. As a lone wolf it can not only be extraordinarily difficult to break in, but even if you do make one or two friends, I have found it can be like a bitchy secondary school - their other friends might not like you and sometimes make it VERY obvious in a way that would normally be only heard in a kennel. The herd being what it is, you can be left with the option of hanging about with people whose friends are going as far as spreading malicious rumours about you, or opting out altogether. I personally find that very difficult as its a catch22 situation.

Advertisement