Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Price Hike and the estimated bill

Options
  • 06-08-2008 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I noticed today that my reading was under estimated by a good €60 euros, so I rang ESB with my correct meter reading, I asked the chap would I be charged with the new 17.5% increase and he said Yes as it came into effect as of the 1st of aungust 2008.

Is this not unfair trading as they estimated the units under what was used and the units that were used where before the 1st of august 2008.

Like to here your viws on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

It is unfair.

Ring them back, make a complaint and don't take that as an answer.

Similar happened the last time they increased prices, and in the end they had to issue refunds/credits for over-charging.

They can only charge the new rates on power used since 1st Aug.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You wont be charge the increased price on all of the units, just the from the 1st August till next bill date, dividing the amount of units by 60 to get the average day then apply the increase to 5days

Advertisement