Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just downloaded an update.........

• 06-08-2008 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what it does?
    I stupidly got excited thinking it was the big update with avatars etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Think its a getting ready update for the big one coming in the Autumn. Check http://majornelson.com/ and see if he has anything posted up. I cant, im in work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

A few minutes ago, the team released a system update for the Xbox 360 over Xbox LIVE. Sometime over the next few hours when you sign in to Xbox LIVE you’ll recieve a prompt to accept this mandatory update. This update contains code to ‘prepare for future growth of the service.’ There are no other changes or enhancements in this update…in other words no new features.

To be clear: This is not the new Xbox experience update. That will come in the Fall.

Major Nelson.

So it's absolutley nothing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just says on MajorNelson that there are no new features but it is to do with the upcoming update. Doubt we'll get anything new until end of Ocotober/ November ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I really want the x264 format updated, c'mon Microsoft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I really want the x264 format updated, c'mon Microsoft.

Agreed! that is really needed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭robbie2003ie

Hi

Just this a update on the 360, now its showing 1 red light and error E79!!!!!

What does this mean anyone?

I turned it off and disconnected the HD but it keeps crashing

OH my god i just got the ring off death!!!! this is the 4 time this has happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus christ

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Check your power and video cables are connected correctly. How many red lights are on?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

"That will come in the fall"

is he stupid or am I stupid??
    August is in Autumn no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

mayordenis wrote: »

August is in Autumn no?

August is but I doubt it for some reason.. fall goes to what month? October?

Late fall me thinks

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

mayordenis wrote: »

August is in Autumn no?
    Now, when I was in school Autumn / Fall was 'August, September, October', but it seems nowadays that Autumn is 'September, October, November'.

My bet would be on late-October / early November for the big update - that way it's far enough away from the busy sports games season (Madden, NBA, FIFA, PES) and gives them enough time to iron out all the kinks before the Christmas period. The last thing they'd want is a bunch of people getting new consoles at Christmas and all of Live collapsing.

... Oh, wait a sec ... Should I add again to that sentence :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Yeah I just had to do it there, thought the new thing was coming for a second :D

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Anybody know if they scan for flashed xboxs with these updates? I updated fine there no problems.. just wondering about the big update?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement