Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAR release date announced - September 18th

• 06-08-2008 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

http://www.war-europe.com/#/pressrelease/?press=3&lang=en

Also, fees and recommended specs

From launch, subscriptions can be purchased online and within the game:
    - 1 month for 12.99€ (£10.31)
    - 3 months for 35.97€ (£28.55)
    - 6 months for 65.94€ (£52.34)

PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

FOR WINDOWS XP
    2.5 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
    1 Gigabyte RAM
    A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
    At least 15 GB of hard drive space

FOR WINDOWS VISTA
    2.5 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
    2 Gigabyte RAM
    A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
    At least 15 GB of hard drive space*

SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS
    ATI Radeon(TM) series
    9500, 9600, 9800
    X300, X600, X700, X800, X850
    X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900, X1950
    2400, 2600, 2900,
    3650, 3850, 3870
    4850, 4870

NVIDIA GeForce series
    FX 5900, FX 5950
    6600, 6800,
    7600, 7800, 7900, 7950
    8400, 8500, 8600, 8800
    9400, 9500, 9600, 9800
    GTX 260, GTX 280
    Intel(R) Extreme Graphics
    GMA X4500

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

May as well just rename the AOC forum to WAR :D

Might liven it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Spear wrote: »

Done. Any general consensus yet on what people are planning to play? I'll be going team evil, Chaos primarily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

What there's a monthly fee!! I kid, I kid. :P

I guess it's time to research the different classes (and get a new computer). Ever since I was a kid I've found myself drawn to Chaos...

Sarn wrote: »
    What there's a monthly fee!! I kid, I kid. :P

I guess it's time to research the different classes (and get a new computer). Ever since I was a kid I've found myself drawn to Chaos...

Burn! Heretic....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

WellyJ wrote: »
    Burn! Heretic....

Guess we know who's going witch hunter....

Guess we know who's going witch hunter....

Not me :D Black Orc all the way WAAAAGH!!!!

CE pre-orders are also now being allowed into the closed beta, and CE pre-orders now also get another day of headstart.

There's quite a few new extras. There's a preview weekend for any CE pre-order owner, plus the extra day head start.

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49602

CE pre-orders are also now being allowed into the closed beta

Starting next week. I guess I can wait that long.

Hmm. Reading further, that may only apply to US beta. Going to check the devs posts in the rest of that thread and see if there is any clarification on the EU one.
    I don't know yet what the situation for the EU will be regarding this. To be honest this announcement was a surprise to us as well and so we'll need to talk to Mythic, our other partners and our various internal teams to see what is possible under the circumstances. The timetable we were working to appears to have changed dramatically so we'll need to re-evaluate a lot of things and look at where our resources are at the moment. It's Mythic's prerogative to change things - in fact there have been many changes prior to this that we've worked through together - we just need to see if it's possible to adapt our plans to bring things back into line again. As always our intention will be to try and give the same opportunities to European fans as Mythic give to NA fans but we need to see if it is possible to shuffle our timetable to match given the fact that everything is pretty much committed at the moment to gearing up for launch.

I expect we'll be able to announce what we will be doing for the European fans within the next few days.

So .. US only at this point it seems.

• Advertisement

Starting next week. I guess I can wait that long.

Hmm. Reading further, that may only apply to US beta. Going to check the devs posts in the rest of that thread and see if there is any clarification on the EU one.

So .. US only at this point it seems.

It does seem to apply to the US right now. I suspect GOA will mirror this, but we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah, I'm hoping that will be the case. Until it gets officially confirmed though ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

From play.com, the standard edition is 42 yoyos (probably no head start though).

Collectors edition is 16.99 for the preorder in hmv, plus 99.99 for the actual game. You do get some extra stuffs, but thats alot extra (no collectors editions available online now methinks, standard edition will be 54.99 in hmv).

Hmm reading elsewhere, it may be that the 16.99 is deductable from the 99.99, so you just have to decide if its worth the difference between 99.99 and 42/55 (AoC from play.com arrived 2 weeks after release for me).

Drakar wrote: »
    From play.com, the standard edition is 42 yoyos (probably no head start though).

Collectors edition is 16.99 for the preorder in hmv, plus 99.99 for the actual game. You do get some extra stuffs, but thats alot extra (no collectors editions available online now methinks).

Pre-order for the standard does get you a headstart of three days.

The collectors edition should be less than that though pricewise, but it is 3.5kg of game and extras.

Looks like the decision is would you prefer 45 euros and a card game, or Open Beta access, 3hrs increased xp, a quest item, extra ingame customised heads, maybe 1 day extra head start, and RL stuff: the miniature, graphic novel and artbook.

I was in Game stop earlier today, and they're saying they have the CE on their books for 50. I suspect thats going to go up though.

And yes, I did confirm that was the CE and not the regular edition, which was my own first thoughts at that price.

I was in Game stop earlier today, and they're saying they have the CE on their books for 50. I suspect thats going to go up though.

And yes, I did confirm that was the CE and not the regular edition, which was my own first thoughts at that price.

I wonder if they're counting off the €15 for the pre-order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

CE pre-orders are also now being allowed into the closed beta, and CE pre-orders now also get another day of headstart.

thats not true
    that only applies to north american players .

We are getting the shaft as a matter of fact it looks like if your pre orderd at all CE or SE you wont make it into open beta which is part of the package because goa are lazy basterds. :mad: its even looking like we mite not even get the full head start.

just read through this thread its getting a angry responce from the eu community,
    http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49602

http://forums.freddyshouse.com/warhammer308/230258-news-ce-se.html

suggests that CE will get into the open beta, but SE won't at the moment (in Europe).

I wonder if they're counting off the €15 for the pre-order.

I'm not sure they understand the link with the pre order box :) Either way, if it was initially looking about 90 euros for the CE, and we end up getting it for 65, I'm not going to complain.

• Advertisement

Havent seen any gamespot CE boxes for a while now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

tbqfh we need to pick a server like omfg right now ... lets say the first server in the list that begins with T !!!!!:p

Drakar wrote: »
    Havent seen any gamespot CE boxes for a while now though.

Still 2 in Dun Laoghaire, verified as off about 10 minutes ago :)

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    tbqfh we need to pick a server like omfg right now ... lets say the first server in the list that begins with T !!!!!:p

But none of them begin with T.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is releasing War so close to the Wrath of the Lich King not going to cause it massive problems? Even if it is a superior game, a lot of people will go back and play Warcraft, if only for a time. And the first few months of its release will be pretty crucial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Kiith wrote: »
    Is releasing War so close to the Wrath of the Lich King not going to cause it massive problems? Even if it is a superior game, a lot of people will go back and play Warcraft, if only for a time. And the first few months of its release will be pretty crucial.
    If it was me I would have waited for WoTLK to be released, let the masses level to 80 and then after two months when they realise that WoW is just the same old grindfest with dated graphics release WAR to critical acclaim. However EA are in charge so a cock up was inveitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Yup, EA have once again done what they do best.
    I really believed this was gonna be their one game that I was gonna be left thinking "damn you EA, I want to hate you but you've done well"

Typical.

Whats the next MMO to look for now anyway? :(

If it was me I would have waited for WoTLK to be released, let the masses level to 80 and then after two months when they realise that WoW is just the same old grindfest with dated graphics release WAR to critical acclaim. However EA are in charge so a cock up was inveitable.

WoW players were always going to go back to it once WoTLK was released, regardless of what other games were around. Delaying WAR just means no revenue, while still paying development costs. Releasing it now does give it some headstart on WoTLK, starts revenue incoming, is available for the Christmas shopping season. By the time the WoW players all hit 80 and begin looking for something new, WAR should (EA not withstanding) have several months worth of maturity added in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Question.

Just purchased my Pre Order disk (€16.99) but the chap in the store wasnt sure if it was for the Standard or Collectors edition.

Does it matter? As in is their a different pre order for SE than CE?

Any idea on the server types yet?

PVE
    PVP
    Cultural?
    Something new?

• Advertisement

Question.

Just purchased my Pre Order disk (€16.99) but the chap in the store wasnt sure if it was for the Standard or Collectors edition.

Does it matter? As in is their a different pre order for SE than CE?

Any idea on the server types yet?

PVE
    PVP
    Cultural?
    Something new?

The SE pre-orders aren't available till August 28th. What you should have is a thin DVD case, with a leaflet inside with three codes. If this is what you have, then it's for the collectors edition.

SE and CE have different pre-order codes. If you use the CE code, you'll need to add a CE serial to your account, or lose the use of them.

Advertisement