Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAR release date announced - September 18th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

The spine of the box will say collectors edition (there isnt a SE preorder yet).

Make sure to reserve a copy of the collectors edition if thats what you want, as it's not a given just because you have the pre-order box (also if you have the CE preoder, you'll need a CE retail box to continue the account, otherwise you lose the CE preorder goodies and your headstart account).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Drakar wrote: »
    The spine of the box will say collectors edition (there isnt a SE preorder yet).

Thanks! I rang HMZ and they said it was the CE I had ordered, looking forward to it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Any idea on the server types yet?

PVE
    PVP
    Cultural?
    Something new?

There is Core, Open RvR, Role Playing and Open RvR Role Playing from what I have learned over the past few weeks.

Core and Role Playing work by the system of preventing high level griefing in low level PvP areas with the chicken mechanic (if you attack someone too low a level you are turned into a 1hp chicken).

Open doesn't have the chicken mechanic so anyone in those zones are fair game.

Least I think thats how it works.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

EA are now cross promoting WAR with Red Alert 3. Buying the RA3 premier edition gets you a code for an in game RA3 themed item.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54133

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Core and Role Playing work by the system of preventing high level griefing in low level PvP areas with the chicken mechanic (if you attack someone too low a level you are turned into a 1hp chicken).

I quite like that!, I think I'll go Core then I'm not into Grief play unless someone deserves it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Hey all,

Just 2 quick questions. Anyone know for definite how much the CE is gonna cost ( I have pre ordered it). Also the sys reqs seem fairly low. My rig runs on an Athlon 64 3000+ and a X800ATI card. You think it will be able to run it without much probs?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Select the game from the drop down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So, i'm guessing we are all going to be having a merry old time as Chaos, rather then nancy boy (for the War universe) Order, yes?

Also, if anyone wants it, HMV on Henry St still have loads of the pre-order discs. €16.99 each. That is the one that gets you into the beta, isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly intend playing Chaos. Probably a Sorcerer or Chosen to start with.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Kiith wrote: »
    So, i'm guessing we are all going to be having a merry old time as Chaos, rather then nancy boy (for the War universe) Order, yes?

Also, if anyone wants it, HMV on Henry St still have loads of the pre-order discs. €16.99 each. That is the one that gets you into the beta, isnt it?

Odd, they shouldn't have those. HMV's bricks and mortars stores are the retail partner for the UK, it should be Gamestop in Ireland.

In the US a CE preorder gets into the beta, this isn't yet arranged for the EU, though they've said they hope to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

WAR is coming! :pac:

I cant wait for it. I'm going to be a Maurader (CRAB HANDS!!), Magus (pft, who needs walking when you've got a floating disc that kills things for you) or a Chosen (most bad ass looking character in the game).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Undecided on whether to play a Swordmaster or Archmage.

GOA have taken the WAR Europe page offline for yesterday and today to do maintenace so fingers crossed they start to implement Beta code entry and such :D (I am too optimistic when it come to WAR).

Hmm, should i pick up the pre-order for the CE? How much will it cost when its released? And do i get the €16 i pay for the pre-order off the full price? I really want to play this now.

Hmm, should i pick up the pre-order for the CE? How much will it cost when its released? And do i get the €16 i pay for the pre-order off the full price? I really want to play this now.

The CE prices seems to range from €50 to €99. They all seem to discount the cost of the pre-order against the final. I would guess the price would be somewhere around €70 less the preorder cost. Though you are getting 2 hard back books, a limited edition minitature, extra in game goodies etc, with the total pack weighing a good 3.5Kg.

Right, that settles it. Those hard back books will make great jacks readin. I'll go in tomorrow and make sure that they will have it on the day of the launch. And that i get the pre-order cost off the full game.
    Open Beta Access - A promise to invite all Collector's Edition owners into the Open Beta phase of development. When pre-ordering the game, a player will receive (sometimes up to a few days after,) a promo-code to be input into the Beta Center (or the European Beta Center). When entered, the Beta Center account is tagged, and an automatic invite for the final stage of testing will be created. A player must have a Beta Center profile to enable this feature. If a player orders more than one version of the Collector's Edition, they must register more than one Beta Center account.
    One question about this...when i get the pre-order, do HMV take my details and upload it to Mythic? Has anyone else gotten it in HMV?

Right, that settles it. Those hard back books will make great jacks readin. I'll go in tomorrow and make sure that they will have it on the day of the launch. And that i get the pre-order cost off the full game.

Here's the list of goodies in the CE.

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/5310527/Warhammer-Online-Age-Of-Reckoning-Collector-Edition/Product.html

One question about this...when i get the pre-order, do HMV take my details and upload it to Mythic? Has anyone else gotten it in HMV?

Those codes are in the pre order box you can get at the moment. We figure we'll be adding them in ourselves when the european beta site goes live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    GOA have taken the WAR Europe page offline for yesterday and today to do maintenace so fingers crossed they start to implement Beta code entry and such :D (I am too optimistic when it come to WAR).
    It's back online now :)

It's back online now :)

With no substantial updates or additions, plus some other (non-public) parts have broken. Still no open beta regging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

In fairness, their site is fairly sh1te with loads of coding errors, so I'm only surprised the page hasn't been down more often.

Hopefully we should be seeing some kind of announcement about the open beta download today (skimming the warhammerallianc forums there this morning).

Also came across this

http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=eaemea&Locale=en_GB&Env=BASE&productID=106719600

Live Headstart: 15/09/08
    Full release: 18/09/08;

Advertisement