Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dictaphone

Options
  • 06-08-2008 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi All,

Just getting back into a little interviewing work, after a long absence. So just want some advice on where technology is ‘at’ now

1) Do people still use separate Dictaphones- or do they use their mobile phones or MP3 players as interview recorders? I have a Zen V Plus and it only records short ten minute bursts – which is not that helpful. My Nokia 5300 allows you record for longer (although sometimes it says 40 mins others 1 hour), but I worry about the sound quality and my ability to save on hard disk?

Do people have experience of any of these devices- or do they think that Dictaphones are still the way to go and would they have any advice on what ones to pick up, if so?

Advertisement