Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consuming Passions reptile enthusiasts 7 o clock tonight rt1

Options
  • 06-08-2008 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Consuming Passions, reptile enthusiasts 7 o clock tonight rt1

prob worth a look for all the reptile fans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

i remember reading something about this a few weeks ago. should be interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Caroline B

I'm on this programme, and have been promoting it on radio in Dublin today!!

We had great fun doing the programme, enjoy!

http://www.rte.ie/tv/consumingpassions/

there will be a link on the page from tomorrow to view the programme if you missed it.. scarlet I am..

a bit short but interesting..the family from cork had a cool house. i wish i had them for perants when i was growing up. i was only allowed to have budgies/cockateils!!!!!!

i thought it was short too, but it was 30minutes, normal programme time.

loved talking about my reps anyway, although the bit about getting a shot was me going extra cautious over the bosc bites!!

so your the 1 with the boa with scale rot! the poor lil guy.it was a nice thing to do rescuing him
    how is he doing now? i bet he looks weird with no tail.

• Advertisement

nope, not really, he looks fine!! he had to take antibiotics injected into his food for a few weeks afterward, but he's like a new snake. hardly any scarring. still really narky though, strike you soon as look at you!!

great to here he is doing well.. although i would hate to have a nasty snake like him. i have never been bitten by my 1 snake. he is very tame

I've 2 that are not so nice, both had traumatic experiences, so don't really blame them!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ronanphilip

Caroline B wrote: »
    I'm on this programme, and have been promoting it on radio in Dublin today!!

We had great fun doing the programme, enjoy!

http://www.rte.ie/tv/consumingpassions/

there will be a link on the page from tomorrow to view the programme if you missed it.. scarlet I am..

cool i ended up missing it, dont keep reptiles but want to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

I thought it was on tomorrow, I missed it... I was at Mummy: Dragon Emperor when it was on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 muddiaga

a good show but a seatbelt should be worn when you wen to the vets!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ronanphilip

just watched it. very good. intresting program. glad the one with scale rot got better. think ill be sticking with the fish for now though :D

muddiaga wrote: »
    a good show but a seatbelt should be worn when you wen to the vets!

noted.

BTW Caroline,nice to meet a Celeb!

meet? do i know you?

a meet in cyberspace,never met you in real life! just saying Hi is all!

ha thats okay, you never know. i chat to people all the time, all over ireland, including on public transport, so you never know!!

you came across as a very friendly person that could talk the hind legs of a donkey lol

well thats about it, oh and a little barmy about pets, and a little sarcastic..

;)

barmy about pets-i think the whole country saw that lol!
    i am off for a scoot around the boards-hope to chat soon!! mite swap msn's etc if ya wish?

• Advertisement

you're very welcome!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

Interesting show, I know some of the people. I think that there should of been a disclamer as some of the advice and "Facts" given by the keepers about certain reptiles where completely inaccurate. Wont go into it but I cant believe they would do a reptile episode without featuring Reptile Haven or anyone who seems to have a clue about reptiles (With the exception of the family in the coutryside).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Jimkel wrote: »
    Wont go into it but I cant believe they would do a reptile episode without featuring Reptile Haven or anyone who seems to have a clue about reptiles (With the exception of the family in the coutryside).

So, you're saying the family in the countryside were the only ones who knew about reptiles? The same family that thought it would be a good idea to allow their kids to have two tortoises up high on a bunk bed where they were at risk of falling and cracking their shells?

Ah thats ok Demonique, everyone is entitled to their opinion! We had great fun making it, even though I sound pretty alarmist over the salmonella and bites (it was in particular reference to Kevin or the Iguana, and came out a bit awry)

I have received lots of very good feedback, so one negative won't harm.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Demonique wrote: »
    So, you're saying the family in the countryside were the only ones who knew about reptiles? The same family that thought it would be a good idea to allow their kids to have two tortoises up high on a bunk bed where they were at risk of falling and cracking their shells?
    Hi everyone, saw that program and overall thought it was good. Loved the young girl who took in the old and decrepit pets no one else wanted.:) But I have to say that thing with the tortoises upset me. Give the animals their dignity. And what about feeding woodlice to the lizards! omg!

Advertisement