Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Suites to take away

Options
  • 06-08-2008 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can pick up a decent bathroom suite (Toilet, Sink, Bath, Shower Screen & Power Shower) for less than a €1000?

Nothing fancy, just white. Also, would I be asking too much if I said I'd prefer a metal or iron bath, as this will be used to stand in for the shower.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I would say most of the dedicated plumbing and sanitary ware suppliers would be well able to deal with this. Where are you based?

AFAIK though, there are very few metal baths nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Most Architectural Salvage yards would have metal baths.

Most DIY superstores would have white bathroom furniture sets, some on saleor Special offers at moment.

One local (German) supermarket had white wc & whb at very reasonable prices.

Could try plummers from cheap "end of line" sets.
    Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

You can get light steel baths alright ,not sure how expensive they are compared to fibreglass ones. People don't generally have problems with fibreglass baths when using them with showers(standing) ,most of them come with timber glued to the bottom with leg supports.

The taps and fittings can greatly increase the price of a suite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Thanks. I suppose the metal bath wouldn't be that big of an issue... I just thought it would be better to have a stronger on if it's going to be stood in quite a bit. Maybe i'm wrong... Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

B &Q sell bathroom sets cheaply. At sale times there are some really good bargains.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I install showers and baths ,honestly nearly everyone has an electric shower these days and the baths are nearly all fibreglass.

Make sure the bath is properly supported by the walls and feet and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Dixy

Only lastweek i got a new bathroom suite from Masseys supplies www.masseys.ie
    Have a look at the shires napoli suite, good price and tidy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

i have a brand new still in shrink wrap suite.

duel flush toilet and cistern
    900 shower tray ( trap included)
    decent size sink and ped (no taps)

did not use them in a new build. all white

300 euro

they are in derry but will bring them down to Naas in a couple of weeks if you are interested.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ajoebloggs

Avns1s wrote: »
    I would say most of the dedicated plumbing and sanitary ware suppliers would be well able to deal with this. Where are you based?

AFAIK though, there are very few metal baths nowadays.

you can still get steel baths off most plumbing suppliers just get some fibre glass insulation around them

Advertisement