Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

05 Fiesta, changing radio

Options
  • 06-08-2008 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Peugeot 206 and recently bought a new car radio with aux in for plugging in my Ipod

931535.jpg

I've just been offered an 05 Fiesta and wanted to bring the radio with me, but have noticed that it has one of those built in radios with seperate tuner and CD player like the one pictured below

headunit1.jpg

Is it possible to install my new radio in a car with this setup?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

cant see why not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jenpup

great thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

jenpup wrote: »
    great thanks!!

LOl

I knew in the older Fords they had a radio system which was normally twice the size of a normal radio. This would come out and u could buy a a facia kit to fit underneath the radio.

Being honest, from the pic, it doesn't look like ur new radio could fit straight in. The gaps look a bit too small and the whole thing looks like one piece. I'd say ring Ford and ask them, or try another bit on here to see if some1 has done this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Your lucky it's not for a ford focus, messy job getting the right iso cables for the radio and the trim to fit around it. Hopefully you won't have to make too many modifications :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jenpup

Thanks guys!

I'll get onto Ford or the place I bought the radio and see what can be done!

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Doesn't look like it's going to be possible to me as the radio seems to be split into 3 separate pieces.....looks like you would need an entire new dashboard surround. Let us know what Ford say anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Similar question but didn't want to start a new thread...

My OH has a 05 Honda Fit (or Jazz as they're known as here) with a (obviously! :)) japanese radio in it which means the frequencies are all wrong for our stations.

Anyone know somewhere in the north Dublin/Meath/Cavan area that'd reset it?
    As it's an integrated thing, replacing it entirely would be tricky - especially as it's an import.

Cheers!

Advertisement