Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No sound, no lan, no usb2

Options
  • 06-08-2008 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I had to replace the guts of me work pc, The original specs of the pc where,

AMD (Newcastle) Athlon 64bit 3000+
    Asus K8V-SE Deluxe S754 VIA k8t800
    Western Digital WD2000JD 200GB SATA
    Trupower 380W PSU
    Kingston 1GB Kit (2x512MB) DDR PC3200/400MHz

that went belly up after 4 long years of loyal service, and I poped up to Maplins to replace it with (details found here) I did manage to get windows working again by doing a repair install but it never worked properly so I brought the board and CPU back to be replaced by an ECS 6100SM-M Motherboard and an Athlon 64 X2 Dual core 5000+. Used the 4gb of ram from the post linked.

I've reinstalled windows using the repair install again and installed Service Pack 2 and 3 but when I try to install the drivers for the audio it keeps giving me one of two errors "Install Realtek HD audio driver failure !! [error code : -0001]" or [sound error : 0xe0000227]

The Lan port also doesn't work, when I try to install the driver for that it tells me it can't find the hardware/driver. This is the most annoying part as I now can't get the PC online.

Whenever I plug in a USB drive into it it says the port can preform faster which I don't understand as I'm patched to SP3!

I've contacted ECS and got this reply,
    Dear sir,

Thanks for contacting us!!

Please download the below audio driver and install it.Thanks!
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
    If you install driver ,please DEL the driver ,then try it.

If it is still no audio,Please download the KB835221 and KB888111 system Patch and install it,then install audio again.
    KB888111 patch:
    http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Others/Asus-T12Mg-UAA-driver-KB8881111.shtml
    KB835221 patch:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&cc=us&softwareitem=pv-22533-1

About no Lan,
    You need install SB chipset driver then install Lan driver.Please try it again.Thanks!

If you to do it,it is still haven't sound and lan,yo can isntall XP SP3,and test it.Thanks!!

Best regards,
    TSD
    I tried everything he said. Since I've already got SP3 installed they where both useless to me and wouldn't install. The audio driver is also no good. I've tried looking for the drivers myself but couldn't find anything I've also updated to the latest bios that they had available.

I don't even have a spellcheaker on this PC so I hope that all made sense.

Comments

Advertisement