Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband availability outside Ballinrobe

Options
  • 06-08-2008 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    anyone recommend a broadband supplier for the Ballinrobe area,I have tried Eircom no luck there as was put on a carrier line a few months back:mad:just 2 miles outside the town.Tried Westnet wireless option put no luck,not in line of sight,even do i have line of sight of the water towers and tv mast in the town!Sat broadband is too expensive,anyone recommend any other option to get broadband.Thanks barry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Short Grass

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Barry, i'm just outside Ballinrobe too, up in the Partry mountains and i'm running out of options too. I've no hope of ever getting eircom bb and i had a LOS survey with Westnet last week to no avail. For me I am being left with no option but to go with satellite, but you sound like you are near enough to the town to get Digiweb.
    Will be calling a few of the sat operators tomorrow and if I hear of any good deals i'll post them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Binka wrote: »
    Barry, i'm just outside Ballinrobe too, up in the Partry mountains and i'm running out of options too. I've no hope of ever getting eircom bb and i had a LOS survey with Westnet last week to no avail. For me I am being left with no option but to go with satellite, but you sound like you are near enough to the town to get Digiweb.
    Will be calling a few of the sat operators tomorrow and if I hear of any good deals i'll post them.

Check this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Thanks for the link. I'll give Airwire a call tomorrow. They seem to have a mast in Glencorrib, Tuam and one soon in Kilconly. There is a max range of 15-20km plus LOS.
    Might suit you Barry, depending on which side of Ballinrobe you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

The Partry exchange is due to be upgraded for DSL next week I think so that may help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

Thanks for the replys everyone,its so fustrating trying to get broadband,i gave airwire a call and seems i am too far from Glencorrib to recieve Broadband with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

A cousin of airwire - try posting a message on www.thewan.net.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

TheWan is a community network, which we offer a feed into it alright, have no say within it though. There's a connection as far as Miltown and a split network around Knock and Claremorris.

As for Airwire, Kilconly goes online end of this month and there's plans to move towards Ballinrobe, if we can locate the right spot. I'd say the combination of Kilconly and Glenncorrib should cover a good few spots around Ballinrobe.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

Advertisement