Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband In Mayo

Options
  • 06-08-2008 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Broaddband availability outside Ballinrobe
    Hi All,
    anyone recommend a broadband supplier for the Ballinrobe area,I have tried Eircom no luck there as was put on a carrier line a few months backjust 2 miles outside the town.Tried Westnet wireless option put no luck,not in line of sight,even do i have line of sight of the water towers and tv mast in the town!Sat broadband is too expensive,anyone recommend any other option to get broadband.Thanks barry

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I doubt you'll have much luck, but hang in there - we just might have something happening there in the next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

try airwire. www.airwire.ie i think they have a mast in glencorrib but again it all depends on line of sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭PureBred

Partry now has Ericom bb!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Hey, well there are one or two alternative's. one being Westnet, the other one being mobile broadband.

I'm working in westport at the moment in an o2 shop, and we're selling the o2 mobile broadband. For an 18month contract, it's €19.99 per month, and €19.99 for the modem.

If you want more information about our contact details or availablity in your area, just buzz off a PM, otherwise, I shall spam you no more. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

hi i ended up getting the O2 Broadband mobile,no problems with it so far speed is fine,compared to the dial up i had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

barry75 wrote: »
    hi i ended up getting the O2 Broadband mobile,no problems with it so far speed is fine,compared to the dial up i had.
    Cool, glad to hear that you got it going!

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

I got the O2 modem too and its fantastic. Odd time it disconnects due to lack of coverage but this is in an area where it shouldn't have any. all in all its sound and i'd recommend it to anyone. In swinford its perfect all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

breadbin wrote: »
    I got the O2 modem too and its fantastic. Odd time it disconnects due to lack of coverage but this is in an area where it shouldn't have any. all in all its sound and i'd recommend it to anyone. In swinford its perfect all the time.

It's absolutely diabolical up the road from you in Kiltimagh:mad:

Advertisement