Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Berget 7 - 2009

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Yeah, I'm really keen to know this bit of info too.
    I hope we don't have to wait too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Just paid for my flights :D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conkey

Probably going to be April.

Once they open the NATO forms to us it's usually not too long after that they release pics and the maps of the game area, main safe zone and our HQ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

(Reposted from bookings and INFO thread.)
    ...a couple of question. I may find myself available for this event.

Now that most of you have made booking. can you please confirm with me how much it costs, excluding tickets.

For whatever the majority are doing, I'm sure everyone has now a fixed price for what they paid, and I would like to get a rough idea, should i be able to budget for it.

Also, are their tickets left for nato and how much am i looking at?

DOC, there are probably no NATO tickets left. Your best bet is to PM kjsaw and ask him (as the CO he may have one or two left). If not, email berget-events and ask if there are any returns. You might be lucky.

Update 08 Mar 2009 - 23:20
    "The last NATO tickets!

There will soon be some NATO-tickets avaible for sale.

The price will be 118 EURO each.

If you are interested, email to info@berget-events.com with "NATO-ticket" as topic for your email. Write how many tickets you want and we will contact you when they are avaible. These tickets will be avaible from unpaied NATO players."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭kjsaw

OzCam wrote: »
    (Reposted from bookings and INFO thread.)

DOC, there are probably no NATO tickets left. Your best bet is to PM kjsaw and ask him (as the CO he may have one or two left). If not, email berget-events and ask if there are any returns. You might be lucky.

There are some NATO tickets for sale on the Swedish airsoft forums. If you are quick about it there is also some tickets available via the normal booking form.

(Reposted from Bookings and Info thread)
    Skatedude wrote: »
    does anyone know when we get our player id for the armbands? as i want to get the order in early

Although the main website hasn't got much news since January, apart from the appointment of a Mayor for Bashir City, there's a lot of work going on in the background. I expect there will be some announcements shortly, probably after the last batch of tickets are sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

On another note kjsaw, any word on when access to the NATO forums wil start being granted, and consequently announcement & maps of the game area?

(Reposted from Bookings and Info thread)

Although the main website hasn't got much news since January, apart from the appointment of a Mayor for Bashir City, there's a lot of work going on in the background. I expect there will be some announcements shortly, probably after the last batch of tickets are sold.

I am checking into this now. I might already have the data. Otherwise I am making sure I get hold of it.

The site should be announced soon. BE will release their version of the map then. NATO Will run its own version of the map.

Lemming wrote: »
    On another note kjsaw, any word on when access to the NATO forums wil start being granted, and consequently announcement & maps of the game area?

"Soon" as soon as my company commanders confirm to me they have their initial rosters sorted out I will open up to having more people join the NATO forum. Berget have told me they will announce the site within the next few weeks, I have produced a map for them, so the ball is in their court. NATO will have its own version of the map (I did not like the choice BE made for a grid system), and this is already available to company commanders. I am encoding the NATO map with lots of extra info, when that is done I will start to release it. However I may not release a digital version to everyone as I might want to control dissemination of the data. If I choose not to release the digital version, I would make sure there was a printed a4 version for everyone on site.

/k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Gosh, it all seems very professional.
    I hope the amateurs amongst us won't lower the bar.

Gosh, it all seems very professional.
    I hope the amateurs amongst us won't lower the bar.

I have to make sure 600 people on my team have a good time. So we are taking things pretty seriously. Ultimately its all in fun, but if we want to be successful we need to run a tight ship.

Oh I'm all for a tight ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

You have no idea how funny it looks when 600 people dont know what there doing. Oh ye for people who haven't been before when you arrive and we will be there early noone beats the irish at digging in and making defencive bunkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You have no idea how funny it looks when 600 people dont know what there doing. Oh ye for people who haven't been before when you arrive and we will be there early noone beats the irish at digging in and making defencive bunkers.

Nearly all of which were on the wrong side.

Nearly all of which were on the wrong side.

True but they were fantastic.

Will look at the maps first this time.

• Advertisement

Administrative lockdown for Berget is scheduled for the end of April. Player numbers will be issued at that time. See this post for details.

BTW, the correct shade of blue for NATO is Pantone Colour Guide No 280. I suggest that we get our numbers done in black. White on blue will stand out too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

i'm looking into getting armbands made up, just waiting for player id numbers, then i'll post to see who wants one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

attn: those that arent doing the hotel thing.

me and a mate are booking a hostel for stockholm. if anyone's interested in getting in on a booking let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Sent of email to Berget event sto see if there is any more nato tickets.

Doesn't look likely.

If anyone want a last minute bail get in touch with me.

I'm now considering going onto another team :)

The criminal drug smugglers sound interesting :)

There are tickets for sale on the berget forums. Check the "marketplace"

Doesn't look likely.

• Advertisement

Not sure if anyone has posted this already... BUT!

The map of the game area is out. We're on the coast and a good GOOD :eek: few miles down the road from Berget 6. As in closer to Sundsvall. Looks class.

Will I be in trouble for posting the link to the post?

I'll see what happens!:p

You should be fine as it's the full map for all factions :P.

Looks like an interesting layout.

If you look it up in google maps it don't look as wooded as the area last year so could be interesting.

I've tried goooooogle, mapquest, multimap and a few others, but I can't seem to find a decent satellite photo. Even Terraserver has only a very poor image that's 10 years old. Anyone know where there's a decent photo?

Yeah I've been trying as well and coming up with nothing.

But the site looks great!

Conkey wrote: »
    Yeah I've been trying as well and coming up with nothing.

But the site looks great!

http://kartor.eniro.se/query?mop=aq&mapstate=6%3B17.713500483312956%3B62.40317526817854%3Ba%3B17.68974916599528%3B62.41449006299496%3B17.737251800630634%3B62.39186047336213%3B881%3B792%3B-1%3B1&mapcomp=%3B%3B%3B%C5st%F6n%3B%3B%3B86035%3BS%D6R%C5KER%3B%3B%3B%3B%3B17.651520844510316%3B62.421259498438666%3B%3B%3B%3BTIMR%C5%3Bmaps_place.191284.21%3B0&what=map&searchInMap=2&geo_area=%E5st%F6n&stq=0&pis=0

Is probably the best you will find.

There is plenty of forest, but many more usable roads as well as some large "clear" areas. It is about the same size as last years area, but much more of the terrain is actually usable.

Holy cow!
    That's huge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I think I just pee'd a little.

You'll be fine :) 14 hours running around is good for you

Does this mean we have to bring wetsuits for beach assaults?

Does this mean we have to bring wetsuits for beach assaults?

We'll have to use gas then, not bringing a bat with me in the sea.
    I do like the sounds of it though.

Can we can we can we can we kjsaw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 KEVIN B

will all not long left till were there any one know when were meet up be 4 we go it wod be good to meet up be 4 hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ghostwarrior

TheDoc wrote: »

Doesn't look likely.

+1

wouldnt mind celebrating my Birthday there

There's a Marketplace thread on the Berget forum. If you're quick, and lucky, you might get a NATO ticket there. Hurry up, the admin lockdown is coming soon (end of this month at the latest, I think).

+1

wouldnt mind celebrating my Birthday there

Got my ticket :)

Now just to sort out an awesome multicam loadout for the trip :D

Yeahhh..... Good Luck With That...

So, what kind of ticket should i be looking for?

Lemming, anyone any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Yeahhh..... Good Luck With That...

So, what kind of ticket should i be looking for?

Lemming, anyone any advice?

NATO ticket. Check what's added to the ticket; e.g. transport to the event, food, etc.

If it's just the ticket, you can sort out extras with BE anyway so it's not the end of the world.

Ok, Change of plans...

I cant make it this year. maybe Berget 8?

enjoy lads.

Ok, Change of plans...

I cant make it this year. maybe Berget 8?

enjoy lads.

pussy

Details for BE

Recently one of the landowners suddenly cancelled their collaboration with Berget-Events.

This means that Berget 7 will not be held at Åstön-Island.
    Players who have booked flights and other transport to Midlanda or the Härnösand region should not cancel their bookings as the new area also will be close to Härnösand.

Nothing has changed regarding game play, scenario, transportations or plot outline. We are currently evaluating two different game areas. Further information, maps and photos of the new game area will be released shortly.

This change was totally unforeseen. It will cost us time and money to rearrange the game. Mail, phone and other administrative services can therefore be slow the following week. We also know that some players already have printed maps and booked hotel in advance. Berget-Events apologise for any inconvenience.

As you can imagine this puts a lot of stress on us and a HUGE load of timcosting effort will be needed.

We will get back as soon as possible with more information, please standby.

Best regards, Berget-Events

• Advertisement

The only good thing about that is that BE will be too busy arranging a new game area to do the Admin Lockdown for the next week or so.

It's one last chance for anyone who hasn't got a ticket yet to sneak in under the wire. If you want to go, move!

The only good thing about that is that BE will be too busy arranging a new game area to do the Admin Lockdown for the next week or so.

It's one last chance for anyone who hasn't got a ticket yet to sneak in under the wire. If you want to go, move!

hahahaha.

must remind masada to give me his ticket so i can get it changed

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

And I finally printed out the map on a nice big A4 sheet of glossy photo paper just yesterday. Sods Law.
    This is a shame too, as Aston Island looked like a great layout.
    It'll be interesting to see what area we're given instead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

must remind masada to give me his ticket so i can get it changed

Completely forgot about it man,
    Ive no idea what to do to change it over though, do you know who to email?

ASI Casper wrote: »
    And I finally printed out the map on a nice big A4 sheet of glossy photo paper just yesterday. Sods Law.
    This is a shame too, as Aston Island looked like a great layout.
    It'll be interesting to see what area we're given instead.

+1
    Just as well I didn't rush into getting it printed, I was going for A1 or even bigger.

Dan & Richie, the email address is on the website... clue: it starts with either admin, info, or ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Masada wrote: »
    Completely forgot about it man,
    Ive no idea what to do to change it over though, do you know who to email?

http://berget-events.com/?page=events&sub=berget7&s=5

For all changes in ownership Berget-Events take a 10 Euro administrative fee, the new owner of the ticket will pay this fee and no transaction will be made until this fee is in our account. Berget-Events take no responsibility for transactions on the second-hand market; we will on the other hand help you in any capacity available to us to make the administrative transition as smooth as possible.

You have to email them here I think: payment@berget-events.com

Yeah I know how to go about it alright i basically just need your ticket number and i can go about it myself. I wanted to give you cooling off period incase you got the itch after wales, thankfully you didnt :)
    :)

Ozcam, your sarcy condascending remarks make you out sometimes to be a right

CLUE: Begins with T ends with T, three letter word

>:)

Dan & Richie, the email address is on the website... clue: it starts with either admin, info, or ticket.
    Thanks sherlock, turned out to be Payment actually. ;)
    Yeah I know how to go about it alright i basically just need your ticket number and i can go about it myself. I wanted to give you cooling off period incase you got the itch after wales, thankfully you didnt :)
    :)

Ozcam, your sarcy condascending remarks make you out sometimes to be a right

CLUE: Begins with T ends with T, three letter word

>:)

No probs doc, PM me if ya know how to find my ticket number and i'll sort it for ya. Its been so long ago and i have no emails in my inbox from them.

The two of you could easily have sorted that out by PM, or by just talking to each other. The email addresses to reply to are also in the original one sent with the ticket details. Email sent to any one of the Berget addresses will be forwarded to the right one eventually.

Condescension is in the eye of the beholder. If you dislike my sense of humour so much, just put me on your Ignore List. It's not very nice to be insulted every time you make a post.

The two of you could easily have sorted that out by PM, or by just talking to each other. The email addresses to reply to are also in the original one sent with the ticket details. Email sent to any one of the Berget addresses will be forwarded to the right one eventually.

Condescension is in the eye of the beholder. If you dislike my sense of humour so much, just put me on your Ignore List. It's not very nice to be insulted every time you make a post.

Bernard, this thread is called "Berget 2009", not "Berget 2009-subject to Ozcam moderation".
    so get off your little buzz there and loose the fukin backseat mods hat. if you were going to reply to me in the earlier post then make it helpful or else you are contributing to what you object to.

EDIT:I sent you the number and all the payment details doc, let me know if you havent received it. and good luck on the trip, i'll be there in spirit. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement