Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time sitting ACCA exams

• 06-08-2008 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if I could get a bit of advice from anyone with regards to the ACCA exams. I'm hoping to sit my first set of exams this December but I am thouroughly confused about which ones to choose and how many to sit at once etc.

I've gained exemptions from F1-F4, F6 and F9. That leaves F5,F7 and F8 in the fundamentals level. I don't think i'll be able to sit all three at once.. to much pressure for my first sitting. And also I can't afford to pay for the full courses. I know I could try self study but to be honest I don't know if i'm disiplined enough for that. I want to take the quickest route possible without putting myself under too much pressure. Also, can anyone tell me whether you have to be finished all fundamental level exams before you can sit any of the professional level exams?

I don't even know where to start so any advice is really appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭bongoboy

Hi JKM,

Well first off, assuming you are working & as these are your first to sit
    - I would do 2 in December.

For F7 - David Aherne is very good (BPP) & I hear Dave O Donoghue is good (Ind College). James Browne is in DBS.
    For F8 - Definitely go to Shaun Browne, he is excellent (BPP).
    For F5 - unsure of the lecturers for this, so cant help you there I am afraid,
    however it would be one of the easier ones!

So to answer your question, I would sit 2 papers F5 - as think it would be the easier paper & one of the other 2 (which I consider harder papers) in December.
    Hope this helps, good luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭onehorse

Hi
    Good advice there, you should look at doing F7 before F8 as you may need some of the accounting standards in F7 for F8, F5 should be handy enough but I didn't sit that paper. I had Dave O'Donoghue and found him excellent, never went to BPP but hear good things about the lecturers there, Griffith College are in the City centre now as well so some great choices around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭STUBBORNGIRL

BPP or Griffith for F7 - both are as good as eachother! to be honest i would stay clear of DBS for F7 James Browne isnt really that good! i think he is one of those lecturers that knows it all but cant get it across well!

For F8 if you are doing it anywhere you should go to BPP i hear they have a great lecturer there that corrects the exams aswell and she is good at predicting the paper and knows exactly what an examiner is looking for!

Unfortunately i have to do f7 and F8 again - as i find it so hard to study with working long hours - this time i am determined to get them though! And home study for both of these subjects whether you are disciplined or not is not advised to be honest! F7 - you need to be taught this most definitely !!

Good luck

Advertisement