Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Why or what is it about cars that you Love

Options
  • 06-08-2008 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

The first time i drove a fast car was an e30 325i sport. It was only in a car park and i was only 14 years old. I probably never got to drive it over 5 miles an hour that day. The smell, sound and feel of the car sent a tingle through my hands. I could feel the straight sick electric not ringing in my ear as it reved. The solid wood wheel wrapped in hard coated leather, and that smell that is so unique to that car.( i still didnt know about what this could do on a road, how its LSD would bring you to an inch of death and swing you right back in with a bigger grin than the joker) It was absolutly brilliant. I swore id own one day, I imagined how great it would be whacking it around the country roads. It took me another 4 years before i got to drive it properly, and it didnt dissapoint. It was everything i thought it would be, there was no gap between me at 19-14 or 10. The car made me feel exactly the same. Completely Excited to be part of something t at the pianacle of human transport engineering. I've had that feeling so many times since then, and it has always been because of cars, not a paticular car or any make. Just something about a car that lets you know, "im special" and if you drive me you'l feel special too. Thats why i love cars. Anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

I spent a great deal of my youth propped in a hedge (child abuse some might think but it sure beat being plonked in front of the soul-sucking TV) getting a buzz out of watching rally-cars rip by, in awe at the driving prowess of national and international talent, smelling racing fuel & eventually making it into a competitive seat myself & competing (not Seb Loeb but I'll settle for the adrenaline rush!).

Cars, petrol, speed, motor engineering always got my juices flowing, my first car was a '94 Mini Cooper, then a 2.0lt Celica ...neither of which are particularly classy nor high-end but a joy to drive nonetheless.

I speed (far from reckless, uncontrolled or inappropriate), hate Sunday drivers, can be edgy when driving standards are blatantly appalling...I've never caused carnage & am generally a very mannerly road user except when others put me in situations over which I have no control & therefore unnecessary danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

It's been a while since I've owned one, but a quickish rwd car on a quite road with the window down and radio off always got me to my happy place :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

try driving an aircooled flat six with a turbo attached with a sports exhaust.....glorious and gives me a smile everytime.

930 1988:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Comfort, power, reliability and a long drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Something small and Italian, preferably fast, on the open road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Nothing really- always been into bikes- never saw a car come close to the power of a sportsbike! Can understand lads bein into them tho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Nothing really- always been into bikes- never saw a car come close to the power of a sportsbike! Can understand lads bein into them tho!!

Give me a roof for when it gets wet, and a decent sound system on it; and you could convert me to Ducati :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Out of the cars I have driven , its when the v-tech or mivec or second turbo in a V6 kicks in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I've been passenger to an Mr2 turbo, on the back roads of County Limerick, with a rally driver as the pilot. I never enjoyed something as much before in my life.

hold onto your jocks in my bad boy......400bhp.....wind in your face my ar"e....wind in your pants will be the issue....this puppy eats scobbys and mits and yet she is 20 plus yrs of age....

modified with a free-er k27 s turbo, intercooler, warm up valve, new wastegate 1 bar....racing clutch..modified headers...at idle you'd run for the bushes

a tribute to porsche....even at half poke i p@ss my self....

930 1988

• Advertisement

Bearcat wrote: »
    hold onto your jocks in my bad boy......400bhp.....wind in your face my ar"e....wind in your pants will be the issue...

Have u ever been on a motorbike? lol

to be honest, not a fast one.....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well great story m8.

I am in love with cars aswell. i havent been even 18 years old, but i had allready passed mine teory and driving test, i just had to wait 2 weaks for mine driving license to be given to me on mine birthday, Laws...

And it was the moust awsome birthday :D. Since then i just love cars. Mine first car/love was mazda 626 coupe 89. First love, not becouse it was fast, but becouse first :D. Somethink like woman.... ;) .

While i was still living in mine country i was allways dreamed about skyline 34 gtr. But i knew , that i cant afford it, or even get it ( UK and JAP car only, not talking about a few converts, which prices sky high). But hey, i am here now, and there is loads of wild skylines, maybe i cant afford 34, but 33 gtr or gts is so close! Now just need a few more NCB and mine motoring dream will be completed :D.

Unfortunatly i am not working with cars :( . I think those motorheads, who actually working with cars for living, are moust happiest poeple in the world!

Bearcat wrote: »
    to be honest, not a fast one.....

Lol, i'd advise u add it to the list of things u do before u die. Go with some1 experienced though, not an idiot. My god:D:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Lol, i'd advise u add it to the list of things u do before u die. Go with some1 experienced though, not an idiot. My god:D:P

The Aerial Atom 300 has rendered bikes useless as far as thrills are concerned I reckon!! About 20 times more chance of surviving too! Still, suppose it's cost. Superbikes are dirt cheap considering the performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Well I really like the exhaust pipes.

That is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

I dont have to walk when it rains.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Love the feeling of carrying speed through corners on a nice twisty section on a B road when I'm in the car on my own.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

speed and the buzz you get from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭mthd

Damn it, was going to go to bed but after reading this thread i need to go for a spin :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I like the noise of a 6-pot with attitude, makes driving to work somehow bearable.

Advertisement