Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone please give me an easy and tasty Vegetarian recipe...

Options
  • 06-08-2008 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

...that wouldn't take too long to make.

Can't have Pasta in it. Or Aubergines, or courgettes or chilli.

Thanks.

I'm unsure as to what ingredients are available at the place of cooking, so I'd probably need to buy the stuff too.

Thanks.

This is kind of urgent too. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Rice, can of chickpeas, can of sweetcorn, olive oil, garlic. Cook the rice, fry the garlic on a seperate pan (only takes about a minute and a half to fry and burns a bit easily fyi), throw in the chickpeas and the sweetcorn, fry them up a little bit, throw in the rice, fry it all up a bit, and drizzle with olive oil. The flavours and texture of the corn and chickpeas go brilliant together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Couscous
    Peas
    Sweetcorn
    Courgette
    Spring onion
    Feta cheese/ goats cheese
    Lemon Juice

Cook veg & couscous accordingly, (couscous tastes great if you add veg stock cube to it, courgette is lovely cut into thin flat strips and grilled or fried), crumble cheese on top, add dash of lemon. Can be served warm or left to cool to room temp.

Edit: sorry , just noticed the no courgettes thing. Subsitute in peppers or sundried tomatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Rice, can of chickpeas, can of sweetcorn, olive oil, garlic. Cook the rice, fry the garlic on a seperate pan (only takes about a minute and a half to fry and burns a bit easily fyi), throw in the chickpeas and the sweetcorn, fry them up a little bit, throw in the rice, fry it all up a bit, and drizzle with olive oil. The flavours and texture of the corn and chickpeas go brilliant together.

mmmm, sounds like i want to give that a shot! thanks :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I just think you are not cooking the aubergine right des!
    Good few cooking sites in the links in the stickies. You cna also just have a 'normal' meal with fake meat, if the person is interested in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Bread
    Beans
    Toaster
    Microwave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

g'em wrote: »
    Couscous
    Peas
    Sweetcorn
    Courgette
    Spring onion
    Feta cheese/ goats cheese
    Lemon Juice

Cook veg & couscous accordingly, (couscous tastes great if you add veg stock cube to it, courgette is lovely cut into thin flat strips and grilled or fried), crumble cheese on top, add dash of lemon. Can be served warm or left to cool to room temp.

Edit: sorry , just noticed the no courgettes thing. Subsitute in peppers or sundried tomatoes.

That sounds gorgeous (apart from the cheese...I'm thinking pine nuts instead)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Dice an onion
    Sautee with some olive oil and butter in a pot until golden

Add chopped peppers, tomato, potato and small amount of rice
    Throw in some salt, ground pepper and maybe some mild chilli powder to taste
    Add water, cover pot and simmer for 20 mins-ish until the water has reduced and the potatoes are cooked

..sometimes I add in cubed tofu before sauteeing the onions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Right! I tried this last night :) It was a great quick meal. I just used a fair handful of sweetcorn and about a cup of chickpeas with a small portion of white rice. The garlic bulb was a little large; my tastebuds say I should have taken a smaller piece! Tasty indeed! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

Stir fry veg and once they're done add a couple of tablespoons of honey and stir it. Add pine nuts if you want or cashew!

Then fry some big (massive) mushrooms, and put one mushroom with it's cap face down, sprinkle some honey veg on top, then place another mushroom cap faced up on top, abit like a burger.

Went down marvelously when I cooked it for the fam!

For a side you could have potatoes or cous cous, or millet!

Advertisement