Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA4 on PC!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Just showing a list of errors reported, I compliled them into one, as its really bugging the hell out of 95% of the steam community.

Issues so far that R* have noted:

RMN20 Windows Vista: Need to have Service Pack 1 or higher to proceed.
    RMN30 Windows XP 64 / Server 2003: Need to have Service Pack 2 or higher to proceed.
    RMN40 Windows XP: Need to have Service Pack 3 or higher to proceed.
    DD3D50 D3D Error - DirectX 9 video card required
    TEXP110 D3D Error - Failed to create texture - Please restart the game
    DWIN20 D3D Error - Failed to query memory. Please re-start the game.
    DD3D10 D3D Error - Please re-boot your system
    DD3D10 D3D Error - Please re-boot your system
    DD3D30 D3D Error - Please re-boot your system
    DWIN30 D3D Error - Please re-boot your system
    DD3D20 D3D Error - Please re-install the game and/or re-install DirectX
    DWIN10 D3D Error - Please restart the game
    DD3D60 D3D Error - Shader Model 3.0 or higher is required
    DD3D70 D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
    GPUP10 D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
    TEXP20 D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
    TEXP30 D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
    TEXP80 D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
    DD3D40 D3D Error - Unable to retrieve device capabilities. Please install latest video card driver and/or re-install DirectX
    TEXP10 D3D Error - Unable to retrieve device capabilities. Please install latest video card driver and/or re-install DirectX
    DD3D80 D3D reset failed - Please restart the game.
    STRB10 Failed to delete file - Please re-boot your system
    RMN10 Failed to read file - Please re-boot your system
    STRM10 Failed to read file - Please re-boot your system
    STRM20 Failed to read file - Please re-boot your system
    BNDL10 Failed to write file – Please re-boot your system
    STBF10 Failed to write file – Please re-boot your system
    VOIC10 Fatal voice chat error - Please restart the game
    RESC10 Out of video memory - Please re-boot your system
    BA10 Out of virtual memory - Please re-boot your system
    EA10 Out of virtual memory - Please re-boot your system
    TEXP60 Unable to create color render target - Please re-install DirectX and/or install the latest video card driver.
    TEXP70 Unable to create depth render target - Please re-install DirectX and/or install the latest video card driver.
    AE10 Insufficient Memory to Start Game - Please close some applications and restart the game
    PC10 Unable to retrieve D3D Device - Please reboot your machine or reinstall your display driver
    TF10 Unable to write to disk - Please restart the game
    WS20 InitWinSock failed - Please re-boot your system and/or re-install the game
    WS30 InitWinSock failed - Please re-boot your system and/or re-install the game

Nvidia 7900 Series

There is a bug in the current Nvidia Forceware drivers for 7900 series cards that keeps the game from rendering beyond the far plane

User Issues not noted by Rockstar:

Nvidia SLI - SLI not enabled in-game.
    All major Graphics cards - Poor performance regardless of rig spec and in-game settings
    Disk - Disk Read Errors
    Sound - Radio Problem in certain cases
    Majority of Nvidia and ATI graphics cards - Textures missing in-game
    Majority of Nvidia and ATI graphics cards - Textures warped in-game
    Crash - Crashing upon launch
    Crash - Crashing randomly in-game
    Error - In-game states is too slow to run
    Menu - In-game graphics settings are locked and cannout be altered
    Menu - In-game graphics, some settings missing
    Gamepad - Compatibility issues
    Windows Live - Game not connecting to windows Live
    Rockstar Social Club - Unable to connect to Rockstar social club
    Vista X64 - New Live updated not supported for Vista x64
    Anti Aliasaing - Not present as an option either on retail nor reviewers copy
    Securom - Unable to verify
    Sound - Laggy and stutters frequently
    Error - Critical runtime errors
    Error - Not loading with Live signed in
    Error - Cannot connect to live
    Input - Unable to reconfigure key settings
    Error - Refresh rate is not supported, but actually is
    Vista x64 - Data Execution errors
    Multiplayer - Getting disconnected from servers because the computer is 'too slow'. Taken from various complaints, it seems under 40 frames and theres an issue with that, and reconnecting wont work, cause you're banned :S

Note that everyone is getting different problems with different rigs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Saying 1680x1050 is going to "look terrible" on a 24" is just ridiculous

No its not, 1920x1200 is the native resolution of the monitor, anyhthing lower just looks stretched. Its the same as 1280x720 on a 20-22', just looks wrong
    1680x1050 is 1.7 Megapixel
    1920x1200 is 2.3 Megapixel

I can play Crysis, FarCry2 etc at this resolution, why not this? I don't see anything graphically intense about it. I see as much physics in Crysis with breakable buildings, trees etc. This game fails IMO

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

ScumLord
    Have you Service Pack 3 for XP. It is a requirement for XP.

Pog
    Perhaps you will be able to run the game at 1920x1200 with some tweaking but not at high settings.
    As for 1680x1050 on a 24" screen I mean that really is small pickings man. I could never tell any stretching at 1680x1050 on my old 24" and honestly most people regarded it as an extremely minor issue. Of course the game has more aliasing at that resolution.

Of course you can run Crysis now but I'd loved to see you run that game at 1920x1200 when it was released?. Plus if are you only running it on high and I mean if I was anal about these things I could say if your not running it on ultra high your not playing it properly and that settings should be tonned down so you can max out your resolution. I don't hear people with 30" monitors and high end rigs say Crysis fails when they can't run the thing at 2560x1600 native resolution. I know with a rig like yours (because mine is pretty similar and the quad core is only going make a small difference) you can play on max settings until you get to the carrier but then the game frame rate nose dives dramaticly into chop suey land.

The physics engine in Crysis may even be more complex but GTA IV has a whole city to calculate for. The suspensions on cars for example realisticly move on uneven roads with dozens on screen at a time plus AI characters in the car and outides that you can interact with. I'd reckon the physics of GTA IV is given a more constant work out than Crysis physics engine is. Again GTA IV is a much bigger game in terms of level size.

Also I'd like to see your rig run World in Conflict on full DX10 settings and volumetric lighting at 1920x1200 and see what frame rate you get particularly when 3 nukes go off. GTA IV is not the only game you can't max out at 1920x1200.

1920x1200 is nearly the norm for pc game enthusiasts. Rockstar have had months to get this playable for pc gamers, they've not done this. I don't expect 1920x1200 with high settings, but it looks like I'll only get low settings and loads of heat from my cpu. Its a bad port ridden with bugs and problems, end of. Maybe it'll be playable in a few months but who cares

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,515 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

So many users who bought the game via Steam are having game related issues that Valve have decided to refund those who wish to be refunded - something which has never happened before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Its times like these, that I agree with piracy.I was gonna buy the game, but after reading the state of it, I didnt bother and thank god.

It plays like crap on my pc.

You would think a Quad @ 3.60ghz, 4gb pc 8500 and gtx 260 overclocked to the hills would play do the job, but it doesnt.
    It drops below 10fps in places at medium detail and thats not even including AA :eek:

Funny how it plays fine on my €200 xbox and looks better too at the detail I am forced to play.Even when I drop everything to its lowest it still studders lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Its times like these, that I agree with piracy.I was gonna buy the game, but after reading the state of it, I didnt bother and thank god.

It plays like crap on my pc.

You would think a Quad @ 3.60ghz, 4gb pc 8500 and gtx 260 overclocked to the hills would play do the job, but it doesnt.
    It drops below 10fps in places at medium detail and thats not even including AA :eek:

Funny how it plays fine on my €200 xbox and looks better too at the detail I am forced to play.Even when I drop everything to its lowest it still studders lol.

So not worth paying 30 quid for then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,183 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    No its not, 1920x1200 is the native resolution of the monitor, anyhthing lower just looks stretched. Its the same as 1280x720 on a 20-22', just looks wrong
    1680x1050 is 1.7 Megapixel
    1920x1200 is 2.3 Megapixel

I can play Crysis, FarCry2 etc at this resolution, why not this? I don't see anything graphically intense about it. I see as much physics in Crysis with breakable buildings, trees etc. This game fails IMO

Yes it is, 1680 * 1050 is the native resolution for a 22" monitor , People would say a game running at 1680 * 1050 on a 22" looks very very good, the diffrence between very good and terrible is more than 2" (no one make an penis jokes :pac:). It wouldn't look as good, but terrible is far far too harsh a word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Azza wrote: »
    TerrorFirmer
    Are PC's incredible or Infinitly more powerful than current generation consoles? Yes they are more powerful the consoles but I believe its only with this current generation of graphics cards has mainstreamed PC gaming machines surpassed console machines. If you look at the cards a 7900gt/gtx powers the PS3. The 8800 was a reasonable step up from that but the 9800 series was simply a rebaged 8800 series the gt200 series was the next step up. From ATI's perspective there equivelent to the 7900gtx was the 1800/1900 series and we know the 2900 series flopped the 3800 series was an improvement and now the 4800 series has the edge on the gt280s. So really we only 2 graphics generations ahead. Factoring in the better optimization of consoles I would only be expecting slight to moderate performance improvements from current generation PC gpus.

All I can imagine about the large number of complaints is that mainstream users are suppose to be playing the game at low settings while the high-end users are suppose to be playing on medium settings but the users are trying to run the game at settings above what they should. Rockstar should of informed people of this of course. If your feeling sorry for people below mainstream settings rockstar did publish minimum requirements and if you don't meet them don't buy the game.

Finally COD 4 was locked at 60fps on both consoles. I prefer the PC version and know it has a slight edge. But really when the consoles run at those speeds then it does not matter how much quicker the PC version is its really not going matter unless your a die hard CS player who needs 100 fps.

I just don't think you're grasping the fundamental point I'm making though. Your arguments would actually hold plenty of water if GTAIV were developed from scratch for the PC, because no-one would be able to fully understand what exactly within the game was hogging resources or how the engine worked to a certain extent. If Rockstar came out and said 'Look guys, we added a ton of new features to the PC version which seems to have crippled performance' - at least we would understand what's in the game that's literally bringing some of the worlds fastest mainstream CPU's to their knees. But they didn't; by all accounts the games are the same.

This is where I go back to the COD4 argument. 360 and PS3 are locked at 60fps at what looks like upscaled 640, but I'm not sure. The point being, it looks like that because it was the best compromise between visuals and consistently decent frame rates. I'm not sure why you brought in the '60FPS is fine' argument, because that's completely out of context and not relevant to the argument at all - it was about the balance between visuals and playability, something that is 100% coded in COD4, and completely ****ed in GTAIV on the PC. You take a machine with the following:

-2.4Ghz Core 2
    -2Gb Ram
    -512mb 8800GT

And it'll run COD4 at 60fps with far better graphics - higher resolution and AA enabled - then either console edition. Why is that? The simple reason is that the PC in question is more powerful then the 360/PS3 when running a game optimized equally for both platforms. It easily wins because the hardware is inherently more powerful.

Now we have GTAIV - an obvious poor port job. It runs fine on the 360; yet on the specs mentioned above, clearly more powerful then the 360 from any game that's optimized for both platforms (COD4, COD5, Left4Dead, etc) - it runs like crap at what would be considered 'default' settings, i.e, doesn't look a whole lot different then the 360 version. So where in that can you conclude that the PC game cannot be called a terribly optimized port when it falls flat on its flat in areas it meets and exceeds the 360 in most other games? The problem is that people in this thread seem to be treating GTAIV on the PC like it's a brand spanking new engine seen for the first time on December 4th and hitherto untested.

Your information on video cards is also a bit off, the 8800GTX for example is about 4 or 5 times faster then a 7900GTX, the GTX280 yet again is much faster then an 8800GTX. So what you have in the GTX280 and 1gb 4870 cards, is essentially video cards that are 4-5x faster - that is to say up to 500% faster - and I think you can understand then why to say 'Ah they're only 2 generations ahead' is a gross misrepresentation of their power. For that same argument, I could point out that the GPU in the original Xbox is only 2-3 generations behind the one in the PS3! But anyone can see such an argument is farcical, the GPU is the Xbox is about 15% as powerful as that in the PS3.

Bottom line it's a butchers of a optimization, rushed out to hit the good sales period. I just don't get why people seem relatively eager to defend the possibility that this console port is suddenly the new Crysis and the amazing engine of the future when it's clearly not and never was, just like Rainbow Six never was (and despite all that, like GTAIV, once all the issues were sorted it was a cracking game), it was just laziness on the part of developers. There is no reason for this shoddy performance, none at all. At the end of the day setups that can run other games at 1920x1200 high settings are suddenly choking by on GTAIV at settings that even the 360 can manage with relative success.

Big problem, and the answer doesn't lie future hardware.

I agree there is many bugs with the game so far but in the end you will need a buffy PC to play this even when said bugs are hopefully fixed. I don't agree with 1920x1200 being the norm for PC game enthusiasts. Once DX10 is involved you can normally forget about those kinds of resolutions in the majority of games. Having attended many lan parties can also assure you that the vast overwhemling majority of enthusiast players do not have 24" monitors.

Sqaull20. SLI does not currently work with it so you basically only have 1 gpu working with it currently. Still you would expect better performance than that.

What is your exact settings and resolution? Also the game does not support AA.

Bar the graphical glitches of blending textures I diffo have better imagine quality than my PS3.

• Advertisement

So not worth paying 30 quid for then?

I'll download it and give 2 euro to charity, I'm sure the knowledge that their shoddy port paid for a few bags of rice in Africa is payment enough for them. :)

Yes it is, 1680 * 1050 is the native resolution for a 22" monitor , People would say a game running at 1680 * 1050 on a 22" looks very very good, the diffrence between very good and terrible is more than 2" (no one make an penis jokes :pac:). It wouldn't look as good, but terrible is far far too harsh a word

Incorrect, the native resolution of a 22' isn't 1680x1050, 1680x1050 is the native resolution of a 20'. 22' doesn't have a native resolution so it uses 1680x1050 stretched.
    I don't agree with 1920x1200 being the norm for PC game enthusiasts.

Read what I said again, I never said it was the norm, I said "nearly the norm", meaning it was becoming more and more common. IMO its foolish to buy a 22' now when a 24' will suport full HD for use with consoles etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Here's my situation.

Quad core Q6600 2.4 ghz
    4870 512mb
    4GB RAM (but using 32bit vista ultimate so 3GB)
    ATI catalist 8.10
    running it at 1280*1024

The settings it's running at are almost exactly the same as what Azza said earlier
    texture settings: medium
    render settings: highest

view distance 47/100
    detail distance 57/100
    vehicle density 26/100
    shadow density 8/16
    resolution 1280x1024
    used up 492/501mb video ram

Benchmark test gave me an average of 47 FPS which isn't too bad I suppose. I haven't noticed any major slow downs and it seems to be running smooth for the most part but I've experienced some random graphical glithes, textures disappearing, erratic shadows etc. I can't understand why this game needs so much power to run, I can run crysis on max settings ffs and this looks exceptionally average. It's not unplayable but it should be a hell of a lot better.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

finally got it working guys!!

installed .net framework 3.5, then uninstalled ALL nvidia drivers and apps, including the 3rd party ones such as RivaTuner, installed the latest forceware, getting the game running at mid-high spec at about 25fps. still not great but better than before. i think there may be a memory leak tho, the frame rate gets lower as the game progresses unfortunately :(

TerrorFirmer
    I can't believe you don't have the game yet are making comments than the game barely looks better than the 360 version. Also have you played a console version to know what to compare it too if you do get the PC version?

Graphics cards do not make 500% performance leaps each generation. Show me consisted benchmarks of GT280 performing 4 to 5 times better than an 8800 series card or a 8800 doing the same to a 7900gtx. If this was indeed the case they would be a lot less upgrading been down and less graphics cards been sold.

The game may still have been rushed (even dedicated PC games need lots of patching at times) and a patch may fix graphics glitches etc but I'm not calling bad port yet. I'm not saying this is not the case but I'm not certain yet. The reason I'm going against the flow on this is I find the immeadiate out cry over things like this on the net usually wrong. For example when the activation limit issue came up with Mass Effect and Spore ever said it was an install limit when it wasn't and there is a major difference between the 2. Crysis being un-optimized was another and there was a major feeling and still is that the game engine was flawed.

Your performance is in line with mine GhostintheRuins. Having same glitches and all. Your quad core as expected gave you a considerable boast over me like 12fps. Those settings your playing at are ahead of the console version Can you make it to 1680x1050 at playable frame rates?

Again as for 1920x1200 nearly being the norm for game euthasists Pog of about I'd say less than 10% of them have a 24" screen going by lan attendance which is also far from nearly. When its at 40% then its nearly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

We bitched that SA didn't have a "high" settings. We now bitch that GTA4's medium settings are too high :D

How are the people using the pirated version doing? Would SecureRom having to run in the background hog much resources?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭death1234567

Here's my situation.
    Quad core Q6600 2.4 ghz
    4870 512mb
    4GB RAM (but using 32bit vista ultimate so 3GB)
    ATI catalist 8.10
    running it at 1280*1024

Upgrade your Catalyst to 8.11, it might help improve performance.

I have nearly the same rig, except a 4850 512mb and I use the full 4GB of RAM cos its 64 bit vista. I 'm gonna try to run GTA at 1680x1050 with lower shadow detail, and vehicle density and see how I get on.

TerrorFirmer
    I can't believe you don't have the game yet are making comments than the game barely looks better than the 360 version. Also have you played a console version to know what to compare it too if you do get the PC version?

Yes I have played the console version. I never once said 'the game barely looks better then the 360 version', I said that the grunt that it requires to run the PC version of the Game at the same standard seen on the 360 is much higher then it should be when compared with other ports/multi-platform games which perform far better on even mid-range PCs. For example, to acheive the same quality in Call of Duty 4 as seen on the 360, you would do so with

-2Ghz Core 2
    -1.5Gb Ram
    -8600GTS

Those same specifications barely meet the minimum requirements for GTAIV on the PC, that is, to run the game at 800x600 low settings. I understand the game at medium settings actually exceeds the console versions, I'm not debating that. But that it requires so much power to even run the game is a clear indication that this is simply not an optimised game.

I've even heard a lot of people on GTA Gaming forums complaining that framerate dips are woeful, and that it appears there's a memory leak - something I find hard to believe they could possibly miss if they had any sort of QC. There's also complaints of not being able to use the mouse in certain menus, only the keyboard, as well as messages stating 'do not turn off your machine' while saving in certain points.
    Graphics cards do not make 500% performance leaps each generation. Show me consisted benchmarks of GT280 performing 4 to 5 times better than an 8800 series card or a 8800 doing the same to a 7900gtx. If this was indeed the case they would be a lot less upgrading been down and less graphics cards been sold.

I never said that either. I said there's close to a 500% difference between the 7 series and GTX 2x0 cards, I never once claimed the 8800GTX was 500% faster then the 7900GTX. But it is 2-3 times faster in the latest games, though not in older Dx9 titles. And even for the GTX280 being 500% faster.....actually, fire up Crysis at 2560x1600 max settings and you will find that it's actually up to 1000% faster then any 7 series card. ;)
    Again as for 1920x1200 nearly being the norm for game euthasists Pog of about I'd say less than 10% of them have a 24" screen going by lan attendance which is also far from nearly. When its at 40% then its nearly

I've no idea of how monitors break down among the gaming community but I do know I wouldn't lug my 24" to a LAN, I'd just bring one of my 17"s. Less hassle, less risk. So I wouldn't say it's an accurate way of determining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Mine seems to run ok at 1680x1050, medium everything (I think). My spec is:
    8800gts 640mb,
    3.0ghz Core 2 Duo,
    2gb 667mhz ram

The main problem is that the camera moves uncontrollably around the game. It's unplayable. Maybe that's rockstars way of punishing us pirates? Grr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

To all the people defending this game, or the port of it, stop.

Its widely accepted even at this early stage that its a crappy port of the game, for them to give refunds pretty much closes the case........they never give refunds for PC games, they knew they would have a class action law on there hands.

Trolls or fanboys, I dont know which is worse.

Oh and that line about "we have the highest settings for gear that is not even out yet" STFU, how dare you assume my PC cant run your crap game!

• Advertisement

Oh and that line about "we have the highest settings for gear that is not even out yet" STFU, how dare you assume my PC cant run your crap game!

wasnt that said for crysis too? more of futureproofing the game??

but still, this is ridiculous...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

wasnt that said for crysis too? more of futureproofing the game??

but still, this is ridiculous...

Crysis was pushing things forward, this game is doing nothing of the sort.

I paid for my system to run games like this, not for games like this to turn my system into a PIII 500Mhz bit of 1998 poop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

Rockstar news conference on GTAIV (pc);

R*: Ladies and gentlemen and members of the press. As a representative of Rockstar games, I'd like to take this opportunity to say we at Rockstar are aware of some teething problems and can assure our customers that our team is working hard on patching the plethora of totally unexpected errors encountered by some players. We feel confident that GTAIV will follow the success of previous GTA pc games.

Reporter: Jim Wallace, Associated Press. [clears throat] Is this a
    joke?

R*: [cheery] Far from it, Jim. I would like to draw your attention to the many favourable reviews from esteemed gaming sites such as; IGN and eurogamer. In regards to low fps, I restate that this game is designed to run on the best pcs available as of December 2008 on medium settings (slightly better quality than console versions) at a very respectable 40fps if you are lucky. Rockstar have even accommodated grandfathers and grandmothers everywhere by taking the unusual step of introducing an option of "auto aim" into the multiplayer component of a pc game.

Reporter: Toby Hunter, Minneapolis Star. No really, is this a joke?

R*: No, Toby, and no more questions about whether this is a joke.
    [Everyone lowers their hand, dejected]

;)

Teethin problems my arse, they aimed to rip off pc gamers in the xmas market by releasin a game unfit for release. And I don't believe what they said bout making this game for the future pc, the game was made last yr, pure BS

my post is a joke, its from the simpsons episode when Homer and Barney are competing to become a nasa astronaut. From all the different user reviews I have come across, it made me think of that scene. "Is this a joke?" :D
    Someone better get it or i'm going to be pissed!

Ruffty^ grow up and stop postin crap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Most users using current PC hardware as of December 2008 are advised to use medium graphics settings. Higher settings are provided for future generations of PCs with higher specifications than are currently widely available.

Well if that's the case, how did you test these higher settings Rockstar? Paid a visit to NASA or something?

Smells of bad coding and/or rushed release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Ruffty^ grow up and stop postin crap

I know you're pissed off about GTAIV and all (I am too) , but jesus relax man. The guy makes an obvious joke, you don't get it, so then you get all snappy at him?

Grow up?

lol...jesus....

Hey, I'm dissappointed too, just poking fun at a deeply frustrating situation. Thanks Cunny-Funt, glad I made someone smile :)

I think this needs a few gigs of patching ala bf2, but at least that was playable to begin with..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

I just tell it like it is. ;)

I'm not happy at all reading this thread though :(

Been waiting for this, from a PC gaming multiplayer perspective, since GTA Vice city (or rather, since I played the MP mods for it)

Anyone interested in the MP post here, as I've yet to buy this game, and now I dunno if I will :

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58161233#post58161233

**edit**

And while indeed its mainly the MP I'm interested in. I do expect something that looks like GTAIV to play and run like a dream on a high end rig.

Advertisement