Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 06-08-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Just started cycling and really enjoying it so have decided to buy my own bike. Started it to get fit but I found out I enjoyed the cycling more than the gym so here I am.:D Not looking to spend much, just somthing that can cover me for the next six months or so until I get serious into it. Roads around the area are bad with potholes etc. just wondering if this is a good start up bike? worth the cash? or would I be better going into a shop?
    http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/32/27114932.html

Thanks a million
    Gaz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

gaz wac wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Just started cycling and really enjoying it so have decided to buy my own bike. Started it to get fit but I found out I enjoyed the cycling more than the gym so here I am.:D Not looking to spend much, just somthing that can cover me for the next six months or so until I get serious into it. Roads around the area are bad with potholes etc. just wondering if this is a good start up bike? worth the cash? or would I be better going into a shop?
    http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/32/27114932.html

Thanks a million
    Gaz

no, full sus silly for road cycling ......... check out a few of the bike shops / club sites for second bikes for sale!

dunnes stores had a smillar bike for 85 euro recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭omri

Maybe Gaz was attracted by good marketing - which in this case would be word "French" ;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

A full suspension mountain bike is the last thing you'll want to be riding if you are getting into it for fitness. You should be looking for an entry level road bike or failing that a hybrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭omri

But it all depends on your budget. Road bikes will start from around 500e new or you could get smth cheaper, used.

Advertisement