Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airbrush/temp Tatoos

Options
  • 06-08-2008 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi,

Anybody know where i can get an airbrush tattoo done or get a kit sent to me.Or can anybody tell me where to get temporary tattoos but not those really childish ones.I only need the tattoo for 2 days,im trying to hide an old scar as i have a medical for a job coming up soon.

Im based in Cork

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

that sounds really dodgy. is it a operation scar?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭dannyo666

Yeah it is an operation scar but its two years old now,its perfectly healed.I just need to cover it for two days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Surely you would get the job more if you just had a scar? I thought there was a bit of anti-tatoos feeling from prospective employers?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

TBH, it's a medical, why would a scar from old surgery look bad? Prospective employers tend to frown more on tattoos than a scar!

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Also, during a medical a doctor will see that it's a temporary tattoo and that there is a scar underneath.

And, to be honest, the doctor probably won't care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i'd a medical recently, and it does have to be said, doctor completely missed the fact that i had two big scars covered up by mods. duno how to fake the mods though, man.

Thanks for the replys,

Its a military medical.They couldnt give a ****e about tattoos but a scar on your back is a complete no-no.The doctor will be giving me just a quick once over looking for deformities ie,scars etc.He will not recognise a fake/temp tattoo-no way.

Cheers

Good luck man!

Really though, most of us could spot a fake/temp tattoo, nevermind a doctor who'll be seeing ya up close and personal like! Plus it wouldn't really cover a scar that well, as the skin is still there, the scar is still there, it's just differently coloured!

Thanks el diablo,

Thanks for everyones opinions.I have to do this regardless,bit nervous now after everyone opinions.My scar is just like a matchstick right in the middle of my lower spine.Its a bit purple.As i say i will be doing this because i have to so any ideas of where to get a temp tattoo or some sort of kit sent to me will be really appreciated.I have scoured the web and cannot find a thing.Please.

Cheers

Ya used to be able to get the spray sets from Argos, might be worth a look?

• Advertisement

Thanks,

Il give that a shot

Cheers

failing that, just say twas a childhood injury or something. i've a fair few of those... heh, my bro's got a bald patch on his head where it had to be glued back together after i knocked him into the fireplace during a cushion fight when we were about 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

failing that, just say twas a childhood injury or something.
    Not sure about that one, if he's a doctor he'll probably know that the scar isn't all that old just by looking at it.

oh yeah. well, a general accident/injury one was my initial train of thought... which brought me to childhood ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Trying to cheat a military medical by the sounds of it, you can't fool a doctor. Even with a temp tattoo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement