Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT 24MB checker showing wrong exchange

Options
  • 06-08-2008 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

I checked the BT site to see if the Douglas exchange in Cork is LLU enabled, but the line checker shows my line on the Hettyfield exchange. I'm 100% i am an the douglas exchange as we have always been and also the smart telecome site shows it as the douglas exchange too. We recently changed our line rental over to BT so anyone know if this could have affected it? It's annoying as i'm only getting 7.6mb when 24mb is just around the corner they've just got my exchange wrong on my account. Tech support dont seem to be too helpful and just keep telling me it the hettyfield exchange because thats what is coming up on their screen and they dont know any better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

center15 wrote: »
    I checked the BT site to see if the Douglas exchange in Cork is LLU enabled, but the line checker shows my line on the Hettyfield exchange. I'm 100% i am an the douglas exchange as we have always been and also the smart telecome site shows it as the douglas exchange too. We recently changed our line rental over to BT so anyone know if this could have affected it? It's annoying as i'm only getting 7.6mb when 24mb is just around the corner they've just got my exchange wrong on my account. Tech support dont seem to be too helpful and just keep telling me it the hettyfield exchange because thats what is coming up on their screen and they dont know any better.

Unfortunately you are on the Hettyfield exchange, and for the moment that Exchange is not LLU2.

The reason you are showing up as douglas on Smart telecom's site is because they are using number ranges to locate exchanges instead of individual line data.

Sorry about that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Have run into the same issue in Dublin as well.

Line checkers with Eircom, Smart, BT etc say we're on the Ship Street exchange.

But we're actually connected in some weird way to the Adelaide Road exchange. Which Smart don't service and is presumably still steam powered cos the speeds from it are crap.

Everyone else I know in Dublin is steaming ahead with ultra fast broadband and we're down to half a meg at peak times.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

i had that too. other sites say north main while bt correctly said summerhill, again the oters are only checking the number range, mine is slightly different to all my neighbours, while bt check the port they have in their system.

wonder if my broadband was not with them would the result be the same

Advertisement