Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have Creole spices

• 06-08-2008 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

and I don't know what to do with it :(. Do you have any nice chicken recipes that I can add my spices to?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Cook a skinless breast of chicken with creole spices under grill or in the oven,
    Cook fusilli pasta until al dente,
    Steam a packet of spinach until wilted - cool and squeeze out the water,
    In a large pan, soften 1/2 onion and a couple of cloves of garlic,
    Add a handful of white mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes,
    Add a glass of white wine and reduce,
    Finish with swirl of double cream.
    Add the pasta, sliced chicken and sliced spinach and combine.
    You need just enough sauce to coat the pasta.

Works well with piri piri spices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭balon

Coat chicken with spices, spray with olive oil. Barbecue and stick in a soft white bun/roll with iceberg lettuce, mayo and some HOT sauce. Serve with chunky oven chips made from real spuds which you parboil for 4 mins before coating with oil and baking. Finger lickin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

How do you do Blackened chicken? Do you just shove it into the oven untill it burns :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭balon

For this, you coat the chicken in your spices and fry on a high heat, ideally on a cast iron skillet. If it's a thick piece of chicken, you could finish cooking in a pre-heated oven. If not, it should cook fairly quickly over the high heat. For best flavour use a mixture of butter and oil to fry. Avoid olive oil as it would burn too quickly.

Advertisement