Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workers/Volunteers @ Electric Picnic

Options
  • 06-08-2008 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if any other boardsies are working/volunteering at the Picnic this year - just been accepted for (volunteer) stage crew in the body and soul area and hoping it will be a good weekend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

How to you go about Volunteering

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I applied to volunteer with the myhab people but heard nothing back..how did you go about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Potcher

Mad to see the pistols for free how'd you volunteer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Pretty sure the date to apply is well gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Mr.S wrote: »
    plus the fact you might acutally not see the bands you want, you do have to work;)

True that, but you only do about 5 hours a day and it seems flexible enough.

But yeah, all the volunteer applications need to have been done quite some time ago - www.bodyandsoul.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I got offered a place, but in the end I just thought I'd actually like the weekend off work, actuallenjoy the whole thing rather than breaking up the day. May do it again sometime though once I've already been there as a paying customer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I got an email to volunteer as an attendent this week. I think the bobyandsoul volunteer places are full but there may be others, though probably way less glamourous.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭00011000

i could volunteer but should i bother? is it an experience or is it just work?

i'm 24... too old for this kinda thing? hahha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Geometric_Jon

I got accepted last week too for B&S Stage work. Did you send off the postal order yet. I sent it monday, but haven't received any confirmation yet. Cant find a phone number for them anywhere. Have you heard anything at all from them since your application was accepted?

I got accepted last week too for B&S Stage work. Did you send off the postal order yet. I sent it monday, but haven't received any confirmation yet. Cant find a phone number for them anywhere. Have you heard anything at all from them since your application was accepted?

Nothing at all - they're probably rushed off their feet. I haven' actually sent mine off yet but I'm working quite close to where the postal address is so I'm going to pop in and suss it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Geometric_Jon

Cool. Let us know if you hear anything else. Ill do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 blackbagtrack

I volunteered for security last year with some friends and we had to work 12 hours from start to finish for 2 days, hard goin, but it was kinda fun at the same time. Great for pickin up the chinks ...whoops I mean chicks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Pris

I got a message this week, email, to say a place had been confirmed for me so I think they're finalising it at the moment. Have you checked the B&S website? You might have a private message there if you log in.

Pris wrote: »
    I got a message this week, email, to say a place had been confirmed for me so I think they're finalising it at the moment. Have you checked the B&S website? You might have a private message there if you log in.

Yeah, saw that. At this stage I'm just going to bring my postal order up to the box office on the day. Good to see a couple of boardsies are about.

(by the by, buy a pair of steel toed boots if you don't already wear them. A static 50kg at foot height will break a couple of small but inconvieniently painful bones if you walk into it :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭afatbollix

your paying them to be local stage crew????

if its stage work... it will be start at 9 in the morning finishing at 2-3 am.. working stright... youll be working all that and wont get to see bands out front... ( it sounds pritty crap back stage)

ussally its a 15 euro a hour job so its pritty crap if your doing it for free... also on the last day its a all nighter after working all day to get out before the lock down..... at 6am

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

anto-t wrote: »

if its stage work... it will be start at 9 in the morning finishing at 2-3 am.. working stright... youll be working all that and wont get to see bands out front... ( it sounds pritty crap back stage)

ussally its a 15 euro a hour job so its pritty crap if your doing it for free... also on the last day its a all nighter after working all day to get out before the lock down..... at 6am

i believe you have to work three 8 hour shifts over the weekend, as soon as i heard paying them a 240 bond i decided not to apply to volunteer

anto-t wrote: »

if its stage work... it will be start at 9 in the morning finishing at 2-3 am.. working stright... youll be working all that and wont get to see bands out front... ( it sounds pritty crap back stage)...usually its a 15 euro a hour job so its pritty crap if your doing it for free...

Not in the slightest - Aiken are in from tomorrow AFAIK. I dunno about other volunteers but doing B&S stagecrew work you're doing 3 5-6 hour shifts in exchange for a ticket + camping.

The 240 deposit is just so you don't apply as a volunteer, get your wristband and then feck off as soon as you get in - they don't apply it if you've worked there at any stage previously.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

dear lord, scam artists in the extreme, i'm working there and getting paid hansomely

dear lord, scam artists in the extreme, i'm working there and getting paid hansomely
    Me too:D

I'm delighted for you - some of us don't have that option though, so cut the gloating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

I'll be volunteering with a charity. Ahhh... it's the way to travel. Trader wristbands, trader campsite 5 minutes walk from the main stage, access to the night time arena early in the morning just after the toilets have been cleaned, early access to food stalls for brunch... oh, yes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

jimi_t wrote: »
    I'm delighted for you - some of us don't have that option though, so cut the gloating.

waves fingers in insulting jesture

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

The Myhab people are still looking for volunteers, I think...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055359679

I'm volunteering with 'em. Spur of the moment. Boardsbuddies, anybody? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Yup, I sorted it all out, looks like im in!

Seeya there then.

Our myhabs will, obviously, kick everybody else's myhab's asses.

ah sure, they all seem the same, it should be good auld craic putting them up, im sure the hours wouldnt be too lenghtly either.......

Aw, dude, where's your competitive spirit? :D

Getting to Stradbally for Tuesday morning is going to be tricky. Any Myhab volunteers from Dublin or Midlands care to carpool...?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Paul-M

Yea, I went for this too, seems like a pretty good deal. Getting there will be pain alright, I'd be up for a carpool situation, if anyone is driving.

• Advertisement

Getting to Stradbally for Tuesday morning is going to be tricky. Any Myhab volunteers from Dublin or Midlands care to carpool...?
    coming from roscommon im no use,

Advertisement