Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workers/Volunteers @ Electric Picnic

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

I'm workin EP in the bar. Was just wondering I've never been to a festival...what are the shower facilities like does anyone know? And I've no tent was thinkin of just kipping it in my wheels...would that be ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

if you like thew thought of sleepin in a car for 3 nights, why not, but you might like a tent where you can stretch out, but alas, only you can know what you want...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Right, so I'm guessing all my fellow myhab'ers got the email from Kev today (cheers!)

There's a couple of early buses leaving for Portlaoise from Dublin early Tuesday:
    portlaoisebuses.jpg

So if we get ourselves organised now to meet up and get the same bus, we can share a taxi. So... say so. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

if you like thew thought of sleepin in a car for 3 nights, why not, but you might like a tent where you can stretch out, but alas, only you can know what you want...

Eh even I don't know what I want! ;) I couldn't be arsed buying 1 I might try and befriend some generous fellow festivaler :p and chance my luck. I heard you could buy them down there anyway if ur stuck? What sort of shower facilities are there does anyone know? Im kinda gettin bit nervous to be honest ha don't know what to expect!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Right, so I'm guessing all my fellow myhab'ers got the email from Kev today (cheers!)

There's a couple of early buses leaving for Portlaoise from Dublin early Tuesday:
    portlaoisebuses.jpg

So if we get ourselves organised now to meet up and get the same bus, we can share a taxi. So... say so. :D
    Ill meet ye on site.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Just saw this now, I'll be working with MyHab too. Probably gonna get the 7.30 from Dublin to Port Laoise. If anyone else is around just PM me and we'll arrange something!

Any one not going from Dublin I'll see ye there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Seeye at Busaras at 7.30 so.

Jesus Christ, seven thirty... I daresay the MyHab folk will have the damn place to ourselves....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sweettooth

My friend and I were all excited, we got jobs at EP, getting paid and enjoying a bit of the festival who could complain.

Today my friend rang up the organisers to find out what time the bus leaves on friday to find out she doesn't actually have the job. What happended was that my friend worked there last year and was told over the phone that because of this she has it this year. She then got an e-mail and was told to fill out the attached form, which wasn't attached. So she got the e-mail again with the form this time, had to fill it and send back within 10 days, this was on the 19th.

She posted the form yesteday. When she said this to the organisers today they said it was ment to be in before the weekend. Is there anything she could do? We're both pretty annoyed at what happened, I would have gone for the job if it hadn't been for my friend.

Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭cudsy1

hi, i got accepted by body n soul as a volunteer but am unsure whether ill accept. it says i have to be there on the thursday:

Be available to arrive at the Festival site by 12.00 noon on Thursday 30th August 2012.

http://electricpicnic.ie/volunteers

and that id be workin monday too, until what time on monday i wonder..

does anyone have any experience of volunteering at EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So how do you get into this line of work and get paid for it, I have been volunteering at festivals for two years now. I would like to be paid to do this work and enjoy the festival too, And why do some people get freebie tickets and yet do sweet fcuk all to get them.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

And why do some people get freebie tickets and yet do sweet fcuk all to get them.
    knowing people who work for POD/sponsors/PR companies who are involved with EP, or be involved in media/music scenes in general.

i know someone who works for Bacardi and got 6 free tickets last year. i know a few who work for a PR company, and a radio station, and they got free tickets for themselves and a +1 and could get more if they asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

I applied for stewarding through the main EP site and never heard anything back, despite numerous emails. Very disappointing.

Advertisement